• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Winepod

Barrel Char Wood Products

Lugh

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 20, 2005
I thought this was interesting - I wonder if it could be used for mead? Not that my wife would let me spend this much...

WinePod™

The WinePod is a state-of-the-art tool for small lot, artisan winemaking. The WinePod includes all the equipment needed to make fine wine, yet it is simple and easy to use.

75 liter insulated wine pod with variable-lid
2-ton automatic wine press
heating and cooling temperature control
Sensor stick with automatic Brix, pH and temperature sensors
Oak management system
Wireless monitoring and control from the web

It's selling for $2K and they have a waiting list.

http://personalwinemaking.com/

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Well,

I dunno. This looks like an interesting piece of equipment but they're not disclosing what it looks like inside, or what the other components of the device are that make it "state of the art" as far as pictures of the thing goes.

For 19+ gallons I'd spend the 2K on a couple of 27 gallon Blichtman conical fermenters, a nice brix refractometer or two and some hydrometers. You won't need the press for mead unless you're doing a lot of melomels with lots of fruit to be pressed.

I'm just inherently distrustful of an "all in one" solution. Especially when there aren't any photos of the "guts" of this system on their website.

Hope that helps,

Oskaar

matt_maples

NewBee
Registered Member
May 23, 2005
www.liquidsolutions.biz
I’m with Oskaar,

“All in One” products usually do each thing OK but non of them perfectly. These things are usually reserved for people that are either very limited on space or talent but not linited on money.

Screw the WinePod™ just sell me the SensorStick™

“SensorStick is a low-cost, integrated brix, pH and temperature monitoring system. Through its on-board WirelessUSB™ controller, it collects and transmits data to your PC. The wireless radio transmits up to 100 meters and uses 3-AAA batteries. There is no need for messy wires.”

I think it would be awesome to get a wireless temp, gravity, and pH meter that would automatically log those meters to your PC. I would pay good money to have a device that would effortlessly track those over time.

Matt

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Don't count on an OS X version anytime soon if it's not already offered. They'll be keeping with the preponderance of the market which is PC based.

Wrath, did you see the photo gallery I did for the Yeast Test brewlog generated on my Wintel Workstation here at the home office. I see people applauding the Mac generated galleries, so I figured I'd put one up from the Wintel world.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Angus

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 19, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
New, from Beldino 5, comes the latest, greatest product for your home.

Tired of the whole pregnancy thing? Put off by the thought of 9 months of uncomfortable gestation?

Well no more!

Introducing, the POD...!!!!!!!

invasion3.jpg

You too can produce a child while remaining free to continue your indulgent lifestyle of booze, cigarettes and fatty foods. Just pop the seed in, set the timer, and head out for an evening of debauchery and excess. In only two weeks, you will be blessed with a fully grown quasi-human, ready to take over the world. Skip those ugly and difficult teenage years altogether. You'll never have to argue about the chores not being done. After all, your spawn will probably haved eliminated you by then anyway.

For a limited time only.... Buy a Pod today and you will automatically be signed up for a private lesson with a real alien! Yes, he will show you exactly how to work the pod and will even help you process your remains into a nourishing green paste for your alien offspring to consume. Yes, it really is people!

So what are you waiting for? Join the craze that's taking over the world.

The POD!

Batteries not included.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Wrath.

I reboot my machines at home once a month during scheduled maintenance. I perform my maintenance (security updates, application updates, hardware upgrades, firmware upgrades, etc.) on the same weekend we perform maintenance on our mission critical servers at the office. That way I'm always in synch with the servers at the office.

I don't have mysterious "reboots" or "system halts" that would necessitate any reboots outside of that. BTW, we reboot our mission critical Mac boxes at the office during monthly maintenance as well.
:pottytrain2:

Cheers,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns