• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Brewing Network Does Mead

Barrel Char Wood Products

kace069

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2004
The Brewing Network, which I have just recently started listening to is going to do a show om mead 9/10/06.
Unfortunatley it doesn't include Vicky or Oskaar like we had been hoping in other recent posts.
I feel totally robbed here :mad:

From the email I got from the network it says that Rabbits Foot meadry will be on the broadcast.

So some good publicity for mead. But none for the heart and soul of mead... GOTMEAD.COM!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am now going to email the network about how this site needs to be mentioned in this brewcast along with Vicky's name.
So I am hereby declaring a write in campaign to the Brewing network to mention that gotmead.com is the #1 resource for anyone interested in mead.

That is if Vicky gives her blessing!

Here is the email addy of the Brewing networks host,
justin@thebrewingnetwork.com

We have until Sunday to get our message out!

Of course if Vicky give us her blessing.

Little Mick

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 22, 2006
Done and done! I sent this with my name left in.

Dear Sir,
It has come to my attention that your network plans to do a show on Mead coming up soon and that there are no plans to include mention of Gotmead.com. I caution that this is in fact a serious error in judgment. While mead and mead making is an ancient art as old as getting hammered only recently has technology made available to the average man the technique and the support to do it alone on such a widespread basis. I am a home brewer of mead with a couple of batches under my belt. I say to you now that none of these would have been possible without the website and the literally thousands of posts of professional and traditional advice on the subject. The hard work and time that the operators of Gotmead.com have put into their passion deserve to be recognized. Besides, when your listeners want more information than is provided on your program where will you direct them? What road will you lead your loyal fans down? Gotmead.com is not just a mead fan site; it is a living encyclopedia on the subject.

Also kudos on recognizing Rabbit’s Foot Meadery. When I took a tour on Shore leave the owners were very kind and friendly. Not to mention the fact that they brew a black cherry cyser to knock your socks off.

Thank you for your time!

A1C ********, USAF,
Incirlik AB, Turkey

kace069

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2004
Well here is an update on todays mead show on the brewing network.
It's not happening ???
Some kind of unexpected scheduling on their guests part so the mead show is going to be postponed to sometime in October.
Thought I would let you all know, I was really looking forward to this show today.
I still have to figure out why I can only get the network to stream for me part time.
I will try an keep you all updated on this with the new date.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Yeah, Mike Faul from Rabbits Foot Meadery couldn't come in for his interview (they're moving right now), and I was at a concert Sunday night for my 20th wedding anniversary (in August, but the concert was last night).

Justin is planning it for late October, and you can expect Mike Faul, myself, and probably Oskaar to be on.

Sorry about the last minute re-schedule, Justin is scrambling as fast as he can to deal with our schedules!

Vicky

kace069

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2004
Ok looks like the new date for the Brewing networks' mead show is Oct. 29
I can't wait, I'm such a geek!

yabodie

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 17, 2006
Geek here to Kace!! I wonder if their bandwidth will handle the additional mazers tuning in. They did mention mead in the last show (hangover show) and the event they attended over the weekend in CA. It will be interesting to put a voice to the names of Oskaar and Vicky, if they can call in to the show!!

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
Hey all,
I've been listening to the brewing network for a long time now, and it is a good show.While the show is going on, you can listen to it live. Go to www.thebrewingnetwork.com and click on listen live. They should be able to accomodate the extra traffic since they just upgraded the works (bandwidth and such). You can also go to the chatroom and ask your questions live during the show. Kudos to Vicky and Oskaar, can't wait for the show.
Just as a sidenote, I've e-mailed Justin about Gotmead months ago, mentioned this site in the chat room and every time there is talk about mead in their chatroom, this site is mentioned.

Cheers,
Brewbear

PS. The archives are awsome, check out the other shows and if you want to learn about beer, check out the Jamil show. At this time iTunes has a problem with some of the shows so the better bet is to download them from the archives. Try iTunes first, but YMMV.

Cheers

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Well, Oskaar and I are going to be featured along with Mike Faul from Rabbits Foot Meadery, so I expect we'll be there!

Vicky - got it on my schedule....

kace069

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2004
I caught the network live last sunday for my first time and played it on the low bandwidth speed. The common wisdom was to connect on the low bandwidth setting. People connecting to the high badwidth were complaining about buffering. You may want to keep this in mind, especially if all the geeks here put a load on their system.

Maybe we will doom the show

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Hey,

We should get everyone on gotmead.com to see if we can give them the biggest crowd and biggest presence in the chat room ever!

Think up some good questions and ask them in chat. It might be a good idea to ID yourself as a GotMeader when asking the question. Something like "I surf Gotmead.com and was wondering if Oskaar ever really does sleep?" LOL

It would be a good way for The Brewing Network, and their advertisers to see a potential demographic and do some advertising here on Gotmead.com. Who knows, we get enough advertising and the site could support itself and we wouldn't have to pimp for subscriptions.

Just an idea!

Oskaar

yabodie

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 17, 2006
OK Oskaar,
I think you have set yourself up for some interesting questions... >:D >:D Will you be sending some mead in for them to try on air?

I have listened to the archives of the show and they have tried some mead so it will be good to see them with a mead maker in the "studio".

I think this will be one show I listen to live instead of archive listening.

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
Just a few more bits of info:
TBN just upgraded the generator so theoretically they should be able to support the bandwidth and the extra traffic.
You could start posting questions for the show in their forum, I will start the thread today.
Justin also does a live show on the radio in the San Francisco area, so this could be great exposure for the Godmead site.
Sending meads for tasting is a great way to get their attention.

Cheers,
Brewbear

meadmax

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 11, 2006
I'll be there on the 29th... I'll bring a couple of samples to have 'on the air'

I have a 10MB pipe at the meadery. Should just host it live there :)

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
The Brewing Network Mead Show

That's a great idea Mike!

For those of you who can stop by Rabbit's Foot Meadery I was fortunate enough to stop by and see Mike's operation up close and personal. Including his nicely appointed mead lounge (complete with a dartboard...hmmm mead and darts... this could get interesting!) in the front of the meadery. I'll be heading back at some point to down more mead with Mike and Kelly!

Hey folks, Vicky will be on at 6:30 PM PDT and Oskaar will be on at 7:00 PM PDT, this is a great opportunity for the mead world to flood the Brewing Network with traffic to show them how many rabid mead FANatics there are out there. Join up in the chat room and get your questions in for the program so we can pimp Gotmead.com and Mead in general. This should be totally fun!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
The Mead Show

Hey now,

That was fun, especially "Stump the Meadmaker" but they got us with a beer question! What the hell, it was a lot of fun and we're planning on doing more in the future so the word about mead is getting out there.

Saw some of youse guys out there in the chat room on the Brewing Network's website and that was fun too.!

Cheers to all,

Oskaar

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
That was a very enjoyable show. I liked it immensely, and it was a blast to hear so many mead luminaries in one "spot". Great work Oskaar, Vicky! Hope to hear youse guys on the air again soonest!

Anybody who missed it live, as I did, can find the mp3 archive of it here. It's a nice long show, and very much worth the download time, and a mead-enhanced listen-to.

-David

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns