• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Mead Day in Riverside California

Barrel Char Wood Products

Scott Horner

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Jun 14, 2005
Hello all,

Once again Beer Beer and More Beer will be hosting Mead Day on Saturday December 2nd from 10am to ????. If you were at the last Mead Day we made Joe's Ancient Orange during the class section. I will be bringing it back for tasting along with several other batches of mine.

This is a great opportunity for anyone that lives in the area and wants to see how its done. We usually have a good turn out from members in the area who have been doing this for years. We are always happy to give suggestions and make recommendations. And mostly we are here to try each others mead.

There will be a short class and Q & A followed by hopefully lots of mead tastings.

I hope to see you all there

B3 is located at 1506 Columbia Ave Suite 12, Riverside, CA 92507

So: Who's all coming?

Scott

Scott Horner

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Jun 14, 2005
Just a note of thanks to all that attended the mead day this last Saturday. We had a fantastic turn out. Had a chance to meet new and old mead makers alike and share some very fine meads. I look forward to doing this again soon! We are talking about doing this once a quarter. I'll keep you posted on dates.

Scott

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I'm bummed that I couldn't be there for the get-together because it's always great times with great people and great mead. What day couldn't be good with mead??

Thanks for taking the bull by the horns and getting involved with this. Please let me know when the next one is scheduled, and I'll be happy to do a demo. Maybe a hybrid-cyser this time would be a nice learning experience for everyone.

I'm still bummed that Adam hasn't given meadmaking and mead-folks like you and I the attention that Karl did when he was running the place.

Anyhow, I'm glad that it was a great day for all involved and will make it a point to be there next time. When I know about thirty days in advance I can usually jocky my schedule around a bit to accomodate.

Looking forward to the next one,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns