• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Just put in two hives

Barrel Char Wood Products

viking thunder

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 21, 2006
well, with all the troubles in the bee world, I thought I should do my part and get started helping the bee population. Last week two hives were places in my yard, and I am going to place several more at a friends rural property about 75 miles away.

Another friend of mine got his wife a hive for her birthday. so lots of hives around, and hopefully the more there are, the easier it will be for the bees to survive.

Al

Brimminghorn

Gotmead Patrons
GotMead Patron
Mar 30, 2008
Seaford,DE
Hi Viking Thunder,

I am getting bees also, starting out with nucleus colony. Trying to do my part also, we have a really awesome beekeepers group here in Delaware, I am learning a lot.

Good luck to you.

Wassail,

Jon

beeboy

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 29, 2004
Port Orange, Florida, USA
Good to hear everybody is getting into beekeeping. I was at a agricultural fair last month and attended a beekeeping class there. The instructor said that there has been large increase in hobby beekeeping over the last two years and he attributed it to all the press about CCD. I'm up to four hives and have just helped set up two more hives for a friend. Pulled 15 gallons of honey off my four hives yesterday, think it is a wild flower/palmento mix with a medium color. My arm is still a little tired from cranking the extractor all yesterday afternoon ;).

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns