• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Stay with me on this one.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Itchy

NewBee
Registered Member
May 6, 2007
OK I thought to myself how are you going to make Mead dummy if you don't know what it is supposed to taste like. Just my luck i live like 500 feet down the road from the Long Island Meadery in NY. So the past couple of days I have drank several bottles of Mead Let me tell ya I'm feeling no Pain Man I love Vacations. I've gone through a Blueberry, Peach, Vanilla, and Strawberry/ Ras I think they all tasted great but the question I have is do most meads have that wine taste or can they be made with more of a fruit taste with a high Alc. % and still be able to be called a mead. I know I sound like a total noob but the mail man hasn't delivered the several different mead making books I ordered yet so I'm reaching for some answers. In the process of making the mead I will be giving it out to a lot of friends and the question I had in general do most people like the soothing taste of a wine like mead or more of a fruity approach? Well Let me rephrase that what do you Brewers and Drinkers of Mead prefer. This sucks man out of mead and they don't open till Friday. :cheers:

Medsen Fey

Fuselier since 2007
Premium Patron
Welcome to GotMead? Itchy!

One of the greatest things about meadmaking is the complete freedom to make it (or at least in my case to attempt to make it) exactly the way you want it. If you like it sweet, it can be syrupy. If you like it dry and wine-like you can make it so. If you like it fruity, you can add fruit or flavorings to get it as fruity as you can stand it. If you like it more like beer, you can make what is called a braggot with malt and honey. There is no one way to enjoy it, and as far as I am concerned, making and tasting different styles is a big part of the fun.

Your taste buds are the judge - so make them happy!

Medsen

bobsmashu

NewBee
Registered Member
May 31, 2008
Medsen Fey said:
One of the greatest things about meadmaking is the complete freedom to make it (or at least in my case to attempt to make it) exactly the way you want it.

I must agree i am going to try a honeydew mead (i will post recipe if any good) then i might do a plain dry mead (for them times when i want to get drunk faster :icon_thumleft:) my plan is to try and make a different kind of mead for every occasion and always be happy :cheers:

lastbornjoker

NewBee
Registered Member
May 19, 2008
man i think u should post ur recipe any whooo. u my not like the finished product but what is it they say "one mans trash is anothers favoriote mead" . btw did i mention im on my 4th glass of DUBLIN carolina MAGNOLIA wine. good stuff

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns