• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

B. Nektar Grand Opening and Mead Day Celebration

Barrel Char Wood Products

Yo momma

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 14, 2007
Flint, Michigan
When I went and helped bottle, I got to try his Wildberry Pyment. It was fantastic. The flavor was very good and the deep purple color looked awesome in the glass. Good long legs with a great honey flavor at the end. I was very impressed witht he set up and how they were able to bring it about. Congrads Brad and I'm looking forward to your next bottling! :icon_thumleft:

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
I sampled the Wildberry Pyment. It was excellent. It put me in mind of a good Burgundy, but with a bit of sweetness. Lots of flavor & complexity, bold intro on the tongue and *long* finish. I only wish I could have taken some bottles with me, but alas, they weren't ready yet.

GrantLee63

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 19, 2006
Clarkston, MI
I am proud to say that I was honored to be part of history last Sunday when I too assisted Brad bottle his first commercial batch - those Enolmatics are worth their weight in gold !!! We're having some guests over today and mead from B.Nektar willl be part of the offerings.

Good job Brad and again, congratulations !!!

- GL63

Brad Dahlhofer

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 20, 2007
Ferndale, MI
www.bnektar.com
Thanks a lot everyone! The support I've received here is awesome. This is a very great little community we have here. As you noticed, I haven't posted much lately. We've all been busting our asses to make sure we're ready for August 2nd.

I just got an e-mail from the Detroit News this morning. They want to write an article on the meadery. I ended up on the phone with the reporter for over half an hour. They're going to run the article on Thursday before Mead Day. I'm expecting at least 200 people. As you can probabaly guess, there's a lot of nervous excitement at the Dahlhofer house lately.

To top this all, Chace (our 6 1/2 month son) started crawling a couple weeks ago. We can't take our eyes off him. His newest trick is pulling himself up to a standing position. This kid's going to be trouble. :)

Brad

Yo momma

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 14, 2007
Flint, Michigan
WOO HOO!!!!!! :toothy10:

Two days until the opening. Who's going to be there? I know my wife and I are! I am also bringing some samples of some up and coming meads. Hope I get some good feedback. :drunken_smilie:

wayneb

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nice job of "educating the public," Brad! You've at least convinced Sandra that serious mead deserves to be considered along side grape wine. Way to go!!

PS - My supply order from "All About Mead" arrived yesterday. I can now personally vouch for the store -- EVERYONE, note this! Brad's meadmaking supply operation is every bit as professionally run as the meadery. Great products, competitive prices, and VERY FAST shipping!

sandman

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Feb 5, 2007
Hartford, Huntingdon, United Kingdom
That write up in "The News" was excellent! I wish I could have been there to help celebrate the grand opening. It sounds like a pretty auspicious occasion for everyone involved. I doubt I'll be cruising by B. Nektar any time soon (since I live out west now), but I'll definitely be using the "All About Mead" website for some of my upcoming material orders.

Kudos on the opening Brad. I hope all your plans for the new meadery come true for you and your growing family. Just think GROWTH!!! Next time I come back to MI to visit family I'll sure try to come out and see the operation. That is, if you're doing tours at that time of course.
:cheers:

holycontagion

NewBee
Registered Member
May 15, 2008
Congrats on the opening Brad! Your efforts definitely prove that with some persistence and passion a dedicated meadmaker can do wonderful things, it's very inspiring to a relative newbie like me. Good luck to you sir I wish I could have been there to see the festivities. Cheers! :notworthy:

Brad Dahlhofer

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 20, 2007
Ferndale, MI
www.bnektar.com
Now, I know I should be chilling out right now since I'm running on only 4 hours sleep, but I had to send out some Thank You's to quite a lot of people for making this day such an enormous success, not only for B. Nektar, but for mead in general.

Yo Mamma, you absolutely ROCK! I can't believe how you not only drove about an hour (or more) just to be here today, but then jumped right into the action when we were getting swamped (which was most of the day) and helped out. You are a godsend! I absolutely loved your meads, too! Also, thanks to the Fred Bonjour from the AHA, The Detroit News, Channel 4, and everyone else that helped promote this event. We estimate that we had about 300 people through our doors today. In addition, I think we had 10 or so people purchase a kit, or make a mead at the meadery.

Thanks again to everyone that came. I wish I could have hung out and talked to you all individually. The chamber of commerce is trying to convince us to get a storefront in the downtown, but until then we're talking about hosting an open house once a month.

I CAN PAY MY BILLS THIS MONTH!!! :toothy10:

Yo momma

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 14, 2007
Flint, Michigan
Yeah I was impressed with the turnout. Alot of people there were the "wine tasters" and have not tried mead before. Also alot of them were surprised at the flavor of a traditional as well as the Pyment. Many walked out with bottles and talked about returning when the next open house happens. What a great experience seeing people that had no knowledge of mead turn and buy a few bottles and speak so highly of it. I would drive another hour just to see that happen again and I got to help them start there first mead, what an honor. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help with such a great event. Anytime you need help give me a shout and I'll be there if possible. :icon_thumright:

Paying your bills is a bonus too! :laughing7:

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Congrats on what looks to have been an excellent event for the meadery and for mead in general.

Nicely done gents!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns