• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum

Barrel Char Wood Products

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
It was worth it! One good thing about this whole surgery thing is that I'll have people here who can help me taste the mead!

Except that I probably won't be able to drink any for a while. :)

(btw, your Sisyphus avatar drives me mad--it's exactly how I feel right now! Why won't you just stay up there?! At least Sisyphus didn't have the rock bowl him over every time it came back down the ramp, though :-\)

afdoty

NewBee
Staff member
Registered Member
Feb 19, 2009
Monroe, CT
It was worth it! One good thing about this whole surgery thing is that I'll have people here who can help me taste the mead!

Except that I probably won't be able to drink any for a while. :)

(btw, your Sisyphus avatar drives me mad--it's exactly how I feel right now! Why won't you just stay up there?! At least Sisyphus didn't have the rock bowl him over every time it came back down the ramp, though :-\)

You'll be back up to your old mead making, muffin baking, and cat dunking self in no time!

You know, it's not so much about just pushing the rock...more about where the rock has been pushed. Sisyphus never knew how good he had it...;)

"inque tuo sedisti Sisyphe, saxo"

Ever see the movie "Groundhog Day"?

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
At least he's just pushing a rock up a hill. It would suck to be Tantalus!

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
No liver is complete without some fava beans and a nice ChiAnti! Thuuuthuuthuuthuuthuu

AToE

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 8, 2009
Calgary AB Canada
I take obtuse pleasure in pointing out that most Roman numeral clocks have the wrong 4. They usually sport "IIII" when it should be "IV" -- I actually purchased a clock once just because it had the correct 4 on it.

Hey, these smarts gotta get used somewhere.

Seriously? I have never in my (admittedly short) life seen anyone, or any clock use IIII for 4, let alone "most"... very weird. I wonder if it is an American thing like leaving all the "u"s out of words like flavour.;)

The only roman numeral I've ever seen two options for is 39, either XXXIX or IXL.

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
Forgive me if I flounder about here, but I'm awash with the giddiness of good news from the doc(k)tor and can't kelp myself.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns