• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Yay!

Barrel Char Wood Products

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
So I brought two bottles of mead with me to the party I went to last night, and the people who tried it loved it (and hoarded it so they wouldn't have to share). The people who didn't get any were miffed. I was asked: Do you have more? (not yet, all I have bottled was given out as Christmas gifts) Can you duplicate this? (I can come darned close) Did you REALLY make this? (Yes) Will you let me know when you have more bottled? (Yes). I don't taste any hops in this mead, the mead I tasted in Europe had hops, don't you use hops? (No) How many empty bottles will you trade for one bottle of mead? (Uhhhhh...)

I brought the pumpkin mead, which was opened first, and the JAO I dickered with, opened second. They loved the pumpkin mead, but went into raptures at the sweeter chocolate/vanilla/orange/cinnamon mead. A couple of people had tried mead before and found it too sweet and cloying were very impressed with mine. Most had never tried it. They drooled when I told them what I had aging in the CUtS.

Thanks everyone for all the guidance! I'm thinking about having a mead-tasting party at my house, maybe over President's Day in February. Any NorCal mazers interested in coming to Elk Grove with some of their mead?

socpsy

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 23, 2009
NW Arkansas
www.socpsy.com
I'll join in....YAY! ;D

I also had a positive response to a couple of my braggots and a low-volume sage/ginger mead that I made in late summer. I've mostly been making 1 gallon batches of mead to get the hang of this process. Unfortunately, those can disappear way too quickly. Time to move up to my 3gal Better Bottles!.
thumbs.gif

TXBeowulf

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 22, 2009
I've been completely through a case of Joe's pyment this holiday season. Everyone loves the stuff.

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
Well, those that are close enough to the Sacramento area on that second 3 day weekend in February, keep the Saturday open. We'll see what we can do to pull together a fun time!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns