• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Golf?

Barrel Char Wood Products

dr9

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 12, 2009
athens ga
I don't play much. I went yesterday and I'm making improvements.

I can now drive about 200 yards (including bouncing/rolling/cartpath help) about 50% of the time. And of that 50%, half of those actually go straight. I found out the problem is my driver is too long. It's made for a tall person, I got it second hand. If I choke up my grip onto the metal, the ball does pretty much what it's supposed to do.

Once on the fairway, I've got a wood that will roll the ball about 150 yards at a time.

My irons are all junior clubs, and I can hit those pretty effortlessly. I never knew 5'8" was considered "short", but I guess it is, based on golf clubs.

As long as there is no water or sand traps, I'm approaching double-bogey on most holes.

I actually held onto 1 ball through the back 9 yesterday. I lost it on the 18th hole.

Being sober probably also helped. My other experiences on the course are not sober, but yesterday I went with my AA friend and didn't want to be "that guy".

dr9

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 12, 2009
athens ga
I played disc golf in high school in the 90's, I also sucked. My boss is an avid disc golfer.

Do they still make "Cobra" discs? I always liked Cobra discs. And Scorpions. The deadlier the animal on the disc, the better it rides the geocline.

BrewinNColorado

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Jan 4, 2008
Boulder County, Colorado
I play disc on a regular basis.

Yes, they still make the cobra and the scorpion.

If either of you come to Colorado, I would love to show you the local courses.

I always say, it doesn't matter how good you are as long as you are having fun.

Michael

socpsy

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 23, 2009
NW Arkansas
www.socpsy.com
I quit playing about a year and a half ago (rotator cuff problems). I carried an 11 handicap at one time, but it had gone up to nearly 17. I once had chance to shoot -1 on the front 9, but was so afraid I'd 3-putt and not even shoot par that I yipped the first putt. Thankfully, I made the second. I really miss playing. :(

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns