• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Hey Friends - It's Been A While

Barrel Char Wood Products

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
I haven't been brewing much this past year... I have about 50+ gallons bulk aging.

I was hoping some of my friends here at got mead might help my brother win a contest over at fstoppers. It takes a registration and a couple of posts, plus a followup to vote.

He's currently unemployeed and trying to get a photography business started. The prize is a Canon 7D. He currently has a cheap Rebel as his main camera.

Here's his web page and the instructions to follow before you can vote. There is a 3 day time limit to vote so please act now. Confirmation for me took 4 hours before I got an email saying I was eligable to vote, your time might vary.

His entry is Spitfire. If my advice or recipes have helped you in the past please vote. He's only 7 votes from the lead, please help push him over the top.

His link, includes instructions.

http://www.sanstalbot.com/contest/

Cheers,
Wrathwilde (Jered Talbot)

Jord

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 30, 2009
Bowmanville, Ontario
Just waiting for my confirmation email for registering and then it's off to share my vast knowledge of photography through three posts! :)

...and then vote of course.

S

sima74

It let me vote right away. That was a great video. Hope he gets it.

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Wrathwilde's back for a bit!

Thanks everyone,

I'm really impressed with the work Sans has been doing with his photography. If he doesn't win I'm thinking of buying him the Canon 7D myself... because I'm that impressed with his work. So basically I'm pleading with you guys to help save my wallet from a $1500 bite. I know the 4 posts and a wait to vote are a hassle, but he has a really good chance of winning this, there are only three days left and I'd like to see his vote count become untouchable. If he happens to be winning when you log on to the site, please continue to jump through the hoops to vote. It means a lot to me, and not just because my wallet might take a $1500 hit if he doesn't win. It would mean the world to him too.

Here's the link again...

http://www.sanstalbot.com/contest

In response to your question, Medsen Fey, I don't think he'd have a problem with it being used as a "Non-Commercial" mead label for your personal use, but I'll ask him in any case. He might ask that you keep his name on the image though. I'll get back to you on that.

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
What I want to know is can I use that picture for a mead label. That chick is hot (literally)! I could see that working for a capsicumel!

Sans says you are welcome to use the image. He'll even get you a higher resolution copy if you like. He would like a bottle as a keepsake if you do make a batch.

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

d.j.patterson

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 29, 2010
Vass, NC
Sure enough I tried a different email account and got the confirmation instantly. Strange given that both accounts are with hotmail.

wayneb

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Weird! I still have not received my posting confirmation either (more than 24 hrs after I registered), although the site recognizes me and allows me to log in.

Wrath, I'm not gonna dump 'N' emails on this site in order to secure the "privilege" of posting, as much as I'd like to vote for your brother's work -- it really is pretty darned good, BTW. Still, I don't want to create even more spam problems for my work emails; if they can't get their internet crap together and approve my gmail account, they're not going to get me to play.

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Calling All GotMead Members

I don't expect anyone to dump a bunch of emails. All I can think of is that maybe you didn't post on the voting tread, and then another 3. If you followed all the directions I don't know what to say... except maybe check to see if the reply got sent to your spam folder.

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

PS - Sans is within four votes of the lead, I'm asking anyone whose logged on and sees this to help me save $1500 by following the link to his site and following the instructions to vote for his spitfire video.

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
GotMead members are Awesome!!!

I want to thank everybody again, right now my little brother is tied for first place!!! You helped make it possible. There's only two days left to vote, if anyone else here is willing to step up and push him into the lead, I'd be eternally grateful. If he wins I'll send a bottle of mead to everyone here who voted for him, just let me know the forum name you used on fstoppers to confirm. (USA residents only for the Mead, sorry)

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
You May Be Getting a Free Bottle of Wrathwilde's Mead

Thanks for all your help so far.

Sans is currently in 1st place (by 1 point). The contest is almost over. Anybody who wants to claim a free bottle of my mead will have to respond here and prove they followed the instructions and at least attempted to vote. Time is running out.

All of my meads have been bulk aging for at least two years. I've got Blueberry, Sourwood/Snowberry Meads and I believe there is an Acerglyn bulk aging as well. You have to vote to claim a bottle. Bottling will be done in November, hopefully in time for Thanksgiving. I've got over 50 gallons ready to bottle, so now is your chance to get in on the action.

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

mmclean

Honey Master
Registered Member
Jul 22, 2010
Tennessee Valley
Just voted, "Spitfire" by Sans Talbot is in the lead by five votes.

As a hobby photographer, I was glad to vote for Sans. Really good pic, really good video. Real talent.

Really, I just voted for free mead.

Looks like you are going to have to pay up Wrethwilde! :eek:

mmclean (aka, askme2flashu)

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Really, I just voted for free mead.

Looks like you are going to have to pay up Wrathwilde! :eek:

mmclean (aka, askme2flashu)

That's the Spirit!!!

I don't mind at all, it'll be a lot cheaper than buying him a $1500 camera. I am serious, if he loses I'll be buying him one for Christmas.

Cheers,
Wrathwilde

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns