• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Adding photos to posts

Barrel Char Wood Products

YogiBearMead726

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Hey, I realize this may be a dumb question, but I can't for the life of me figure it out, and it's really bothersome.

So every time I have tried to add an attachment, specifically a photo, I receive an error message that my attachment "exceeds the limit by X KB". Now, I realize there is a 1.91 MB and 800x640 limit on JPGs, but mine is now 400x280 and a whopping 92 KB...and the amount exceeded went up 50 KB more than before I scaled down the image!! :confused: Help, please!

Chemical Chaos

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 5, 2010
Scotland
Try using a third party image hosting site such as Omploader

Omploader doesnt require an account or anything so its pretty anonymous, but anyone can view/use your images.

You can then just embed your images in your post with the insert image button.

w.raleigh

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 21, 2010
Indiana
I had this same problem. I made my photos super tiny but they still wouldn't upload... is this a patron-only benefit?

I finally just uploaded them to server space i own and hotlinked it...

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Hey folks,

I've been adjusting the settings on the picture upload function. I've basically upped the image size to 800x600 with a maxfile size of 2 Mb. I've done a number of tests and uploaded various photos up to 800x600 at the max filesize with no issues.

If you're having issues and the file specs are within the parameters stated above please PM me and let me know. I'll probably want to look at your file as well.

Please note that this is a function of a forum, and not a specifically crafted app for photo storage and manipulation. We're not geared toward photo storage and album creation so please be aware. Also, we have limited space to store photos so please be cognizant and upload accordingly.

Thanks so much,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns