• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Schooner

Barrel Char Wood Products

DaleP

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 30, 2008
Webster Groves, Mo
One of the major midwest homebrew comps. By all counts, we will have 580 entries this year...another Schooner record!!
Entries are now being sorted, labeled and handled with TLC.
One of the greatest rewards of being involved in competitions is being able to read the names you've all given your beers.
There were 25+ meads entered in all catagories. I'm quite pleased.

DaleP

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 30, 2008
Webster Groves, Mo
That is the place. I've always called and asked for it, have never seen it on the website. It comes in quart jars, and if I remember correctly, was 6-8 bucks a jar.
Made a three gallon batch last time. Poured three quarts of honey into the carboy. Filled each jar half full with water and shook, poured into carboy till all honey was gone (the extent of my aeration). Added Fermaid per instructions. 2 packets of D-47 rehydrated. Took less than a week for the honey layer to disappear, racked a week later, let sit till clear, racked again, bottled in a month.
The honey was a medium dark amber and it and the finished mead had a slight taste of stone fruit. If I told you it was peach, you tasted peach, but if I told you it was plum....
This same recipe also placed at the Domras cup when only bottled for a couple months. Finally laying down enough mead to allow some to age, and am liking what age does to a mead.

jkane

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 3, 2010
SE Wisconsin
www.kane1.com
Congrats!

Wish I could have judged. They were begging for extra judges with all of those entries! But ... that is a big motorcycle rally weekend in Northern Wisconsin. Too many hobbies I guess. ;) I did drink a lot over the 4 day weekend. Does that count? ;D

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns