• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

In Dundee there bee robbery!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Medsen Fey

Fuselier since 2007
Premium Patron
Apparently in Scotland someone absconded with a bunch of bees that were being used in research studying effects of pesticides. You'd think the list of suspects would be limited to beekeepers and that's got to be a pretty short list. I guessing they aren't too bright.

Message for the larcenous - "Hey, Dufus, they're trying to study possible CCD causes. If you let them finish, maybe you won't need to steal bees!" :mad:

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
Animal "rights" activists?

When I was at Cal they were doing a bunch of retrofitting and building new, and one of the buildings on campus was "occupied" by a group protesting
The use of animals. It didn't work as they planned, though, as the contractor just kept going, even though there were people hanging on the side of the building for months. Slow learners. But I wouldn't put it past someone to "free" the bees.

AToE

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 8, 2009
Calgary AB Canada
I'd say beekeepers are the least likely thiefs, animal rights people are up there though, sometimes get pretty whacky.

tweak'e

NewBee
Registered Member
Jan 31, 2011
NewZealand
it will be a beekeeper, tho more than likely a beekeepers laborer (unskilled worker but knows how to handle bees).

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns