• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Does Steve Jobs deserve a Cyser?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Noe Palacios

Aristaeus' Apprentice
GotMead Patron
Last hour events made me ask to myself: Does Steve Jobs deserve a Cyser?

I think the answer is yes. But it shouldn't be an ordinary Cyser, it should be a legendary one.

So how can we make a legendary Steve Jobs Cyser?

The only way to find it out is during the MCI 2012. I propose to create an special category, valid only for the MCI 2012, it should be: Steve Jobs' Cyser.

The winer will have the right to register it and to negociate with Apple or Steve Jobs' family the rights over this Cyser.

Just thinking.

Saludos

Noe Palacios

Aristaeus' Apprentice
GotMead Patron
Yes!

But Mazer 2012 is only 5 months away.
What about Mazer 2013 (if the world doesn't end in Dec 2012...)?

I'm not running MCI, I'm juts given an idea. Right now there should be plenty of cysers ready for the MCI 2012. So why not?

Doing it for the MCI 2013 means you're will formulate one or two this week end. Again I'm not against this.

It is just an idea that I gave, I don't make cysers, apples are expensive in Nicaragua ... and yes that apple is expensive too, but I like it.

Saludos,

AToE

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 8, 2009
Calgary AB Canada
I apparently haven't had enough coffee yet today, it took me alllllll the way to the last post to understand the punchline here about why this would be a cyser! :(

kudapucat

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 2, 2010
Bundoora, Melbourne, Australia
I apparently haven't had enough coffee yet today, it took me alllllll the way to the last post to understand the punchline here about why this would be a cyser! :(

You're not alone, although it is 7:30am on a Saturday. The coffee imbibed, but blood yet to become caffeine-infused.
That's my excuse anyhow.

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
I know this is breaking the warranty, what do you think of a JAO, substituting apples for oranges? It would be a JAC -- Job's Ancient Cyser. ;D

--

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Oh, I know, it would have to use MacIntosh apples!

(and I've twice done a JAO with a handful of very tannic, very acidic ornamental crabapples, turns out very nicely)

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
@Medsen -- yes, apple juice is a "must," I'll substitute it for water. Nice to hear from CG that this has been tried already! I'll either pick up what I need tonight after work, or sometime soon tomorrow morning.

--

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
The one I tried with green apples (coincidentally macs, I believe) wasn't so great, but then, I wasn't expecting much from unripe fruit. Regular crabapples would kick butt for this though, you want nice acidic apples if you're not adding any other acidity for a JAO variant.... my $.02 anyway...

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
I'm not sure yet -- I'm at work at the moment, been stealing a few spare minutes here and there . . . looks like apple juice has an SG of about 1.040 - 1.060, I'll have to look at this more closely later but I'm guessing that your suggestion for 2.5 - 2.75 lb honey is probably on the money.

--

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
Yeah, but Steve did that himself on numerous occasions, so why not?

I knew he was declining because I know someone who is in the top tier at Apple, and had heard that yes, he was every bit as bad as feared when he stepped down a few weeks ago and that it wouldn't be long. I was still sad to hear the news that he was gone.

I think a group Steve Jobs cyser sounds good. :)

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns