• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Last bottle

Barrel Char Wood Products

veritas

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 7, 2007
Wisconsin BEER Capitol USA
Im going to open my last bottle of mead tonight. A raspberry Mel with 4 years on it. I have 35 gallons of mead bulk ageing in different carboys and what not. A good amount of it ready to bottle. But this is it for whats bottled!

TAKeyser

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 4, 2012
Detroit, MI
At least you have some stuff ready to bottle. A couple years ago I knew I would be moving so I was drinking my supply and not making anything new. The move kept getting delayed so I ran out of mead and am just now getting a supply once again. I hated running out!

veritas

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 7, 2007
Wisconsin BEER Capitol USA
Bottling time indeed. Like most people I have a sharing problem that cuts into the stash. But then again half the fun is sharing the stuff with those who appreciate it!

Medsen Fey

Fuselier since 2007
Premium Patron
My production has been cut way, way down for the last 8 months since a job change. If something doesn't change, I'm headed for trouble (Fortunately I have some large batches aging, otherwise it would be a crisis!). I'm planning a braggot in the next few weeks so maybe that will help.

Valhalla Mead

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 12, 2012
At least you have some stuff ready to bottle. A couple years ago I knew I would be moving so I was drinking my supply and not making anything new. The move kept getting delayed so I ran out of mead and am just now getting a supply once again. I hated running out!

Where's all the mead gone!!!!!!!?????

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Riverat

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Well I'm just the opposite of my last bottle!
Started my first batch Feb 2011 and just bottled my it and the second batch, A vanilla infused wildflower (VVM) and a really big blueberry (Babe) both of which exceeded my expectations..So (not including some JAO's) I'm on my first bottle!
....Now to finish that wine rack...

Soyala_Amaya

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2011
Missouri

Fortunately, this is why you get friends with basements who are addicted to what you make. I could probably take over several different people's homes if it kept the mead flowing at this point!

TAKeyser

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 4, 2012
Detroit, MI
Fortunately, this is why you get friends with basements who are addicted to what you make. I could probably take over several different people's homes if it kept the mead flowing at this point!

That would have worked if I had been staying in the same area, but wasn't feasible in a cross-country move. This last time I moved was only 4 miles so I just packed the carboys in the car and drove carefully.

Last edited:
Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns