• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Happy Canada Day!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
For all the other Canucks on the forum, hope you're having a great day too! My beer-iced-tea-like-thing seems to be successful at giving me a buzz, anyway! ;D

mbitton

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 17, 2012
Toronto, ON
Happy canuck day to you too!

First post but I've been wandering around for a while. This place is incredible. I hope to contribute something back to the community eventually :cheers:

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Well, last night was exciting... As it started to get dark, we went out for a walk, hunting fireworks... we could hear the thundering of the display from Parliament Hill even though I live a 20 min drive away from there, and since I live in an area with a lot of park and greenspace, neighbours were setting fireworks off all over the place, lighting the place up... but as we were walking into the biggest park, we saw a column of smoke... then the wind changed and as we rounded some trees, we couldn't see it anymore and figured it had been from the past barrage of fireworks... then got past the community centre building and saw the flames... some poor family's house was on fire while fireworks were going off everywhere... didn't take them long to put it out once they got started with the hoses, but we didn't watch for long, as a friend who was with us last night lost her house to a fire last month and she was starting to get a little emotional...

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns