• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Patrons membership

Barrel Char Wood Products

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
Hi all

I just wanted to say to all of you who have come on board here lately that you would really benefit greatly if you became a Patron. There is a huge amount of really great info in the Patrons section. Just the proven recipes alone are worth more than the $25 dollar fee to become a patron. If you really want to become a good mazer,,, a awesome mazer, then you can't do yourself any better favor than to pony up.

I have heard the the membership fee will probably be more later down the road. I have nothing to gain by this post. I'm just wanting to share with you how much you can gain!!!

joemirando

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
I agree wholeheartedly. I'm probably the cheapest person on the forum, and believe me; this is money well spent.
Not only do you get access to all of the 'patrons' areas, but you support the website and webmasters.
I've done it, and I can tell you first hand that there's nothing worse than putting your heart and soul into a website and
feeling that it's being taken for granted.

Pony up, pilgrim. ;)

Joe

kudapucat

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 2, 2010
Bundoora, Melbourne, Australia
Regardless of whether the benefits of the patrons forum are what you want, you're clearly interested in the forum.
This forum costs money to run, and you don't see ads everywhere. That money has to come from somewhere.
If you like the forum, as I did, donate the money to keep it running. That's what I did.
The patrons section was an awesome added bonus that I only realised how much I wanted after I got it.

jdranchman

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Oct 20, 2014
Centennial, CO
I'm in IT and I'm expensive to buy and a cheap bastard when paying for stuff. That being said, this forum is one thing that I think is totally worth the extra $$ from me keep up and running. Server space in a hosting facility isn't cheap. The more people you serve the more bandwidth you need and that costs more $ if you want to keep everyone happy. Please put off a few Starbucks or breakfast burritos and put it to good use by becoming a patron or premium patron. This keeps us all in the know with the real tried and true recipes, techniques and helps motivate our Mead Mistress to keep up the good work. The new GotMeadLive radio show is a real bonus especially when we get to hear and talk to the pros share how they rock. Its like a living book that keeps getting daily revisions.

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
So let's see you guys get on here on this thread and announce that you've ponied up. Step up and move into the next level of your mead making experience 😆

Stasis

Honey Master
Registered Member
Jan 10, 2014
Malta
I ponied up. Although I did this before this thread was created some two days ago.
I haven't had the time to really go through the more interesting patron threads so I can't really vouch for the quality. I can say that going through the titles of the threads, it seems the information is much more condensed and usually more advanced. So looking for a specific topic should be easier and could probably be consistently done by reading through 1 or 2 threads

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
. I can say that going through the titles of the threads, it seems the information is much more condensed and usually more advanced. So looking for a specific topic should be easier and could probably be consistently done by reading through 1 or 2 threads[/QUOTE]

You are correct

JDWebb

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 26, 2014
Sherman Oaks, CA
www.jamesdwebb.com
Being the official unofficial spokesperson for GotMead.com, I have spent hours all over the internet looking up mead. Most of the sites I have visited had links leading back to here, so after spending a lot of time here, I soon realized there really isn't anything out there that deals not only with the recipes, but also with the science, methods and practices, all the things that are missing from the other sometimes cute and well designed websites. They all have yummy recipes but they don't tell you about nutrients, staggered feedings, yan, dap and fan, temperature control, or anything else vitally important in producing a successful mead. GotMead.com is clearly the most informational and best resource website for making mead. The $25 gets you even further, discussions, proven medal winning recipes, and much more.

58limited

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
May 25, 2015
SE Texas
www.1958buickforum.net
A Patron membership is definitely worth it. I joined the forum earlier this year and upgraded within a couple of months. Its $25/year which is not much in the scheme of things, although I've heard the price may go up soon.

kuri

NewBee
Registered Member
May 5, 2013
Japan
I still haven't signed up for the patron membership, mostly because of the automatic renewal that goes with it. I have a general policy of not signing up for anything that renews itself automatically -- it's a guaranteed way to pay more than I would like for longer than I intended. If they offer an opt-in renewal instead of only an opt-out one I will sign up right away. And very likely renew regularly. I just know myself well enough to know that even if I stop using this site I will never remember to stop renewal of my membership, and that will irritate me to no end. So I've taken a principled stand against any such automatic renewal policies, wherever I find them, including here. Let me know when there's a non-automatic renewal option and I'll happily sign up.

mesimees

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
Oct 16, 2013
Estonia
I can't find any differences in the conditions of the patron and premium patron apart from the price. Anyone?

EbonHawk

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 24, 2014
Dothan, AL, USA
Hmm.. I thought Premium status got you other things in addition, but can't remember now. I do remember something about "personal assistance with a particular recipe of your choosing" or something like that. That's all I remember.

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Kuri (and anyone else who might be interested), if I recall correctly, not using paypal gives you single payment options using a credit card.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns