• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

GotMead Live - Episode 26 - 2-16-16 is cancelled

Barrel Char Wood Products

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Hi all. Unfortunately, our February 16 episode of GotMead Live will be cancelled, due to unforeseen circumstances. I'll keep you all up to date. We go into break after this episode, so there is a 3 week break, and we'll be back in March.

Mazer828

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 9, 2015
Inland Empire
Hi all. Unfortunately, our February 16 episode of GotMead Live will be cancelled, due to unforeseen circumstances. I'll keep you all up to date. We go into break after this episode, so there is a 3 week break, and we'll be back in March.
Praying all is well with the GML crew, and the show can resume soon!

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Thanks Mazer. We are all fine, just some things that popped up to mess up the schedule. No worries, we'll get it sorted!

Chris_from_Miss

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 6, 2015
After receiving numerous emails from concerned fans (ok..one email).... I would just like to say I am alive and all is well. No need for concern.
Chris

Mazer828

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 9, 2015
Inland Empire
And how (if possible) we might be able to see/keep track of things along the way! Is there a live feed we can tune in to, or are there regular postings online where we can see how certain entries are doing?

ScottBehrens

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Aug 26, 2012
Vero Beach, FL
In past years there is an information blackout from the time it begins till the results are posted. Attendees are sworn to secrecy and not allowed to post anything from what I hear. Tickets are still available last time I checked. You only live once.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
And how (if possible) we might be able to see/keep track of things along the way! Is there a live feed we can tune in to, or are there regular postings online where we can see how certain entries are doing?

To ensure that all entries are judged properly, no information is posted during judging. This is the case in most competitions I know of, and honestly, even if they did want to do it, you really couldn't logistically, with over a 1,000 entries being judged.

Chris_from_Miss

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 6, 2015
The final version of The Heart Murmur is in primary as we speak. It should be ready to rack off the lees by the weekend. 37lbs of fruit for a 6 gallon batch, crushed and lightly pressed. Only the juice was used, almost no pulp. It was a bit of work to say the least.
Chris

Chris_from_Miss

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 6, 2015
How did you crush Chris

I have an attachment on my food processor. It has what amounts to weed eater line instead of blades. This crushes the fruit without breaking the seeds. In fact, it damn near makes purée if you're not careful!
You could also crush by hand in a large ziploc bag. It's a lot of work either way.

ScottBehrens

Premium Patron
Premium Patron
Aug 26, 2012
Vero Beach, FL
It's a lot of work either way

It is that, need a bigger hopper. I've used 2 cookie sheets before sandwiched together with a drain hole in the bottom one.

There's a Chris crushing attachment on the food processor? ��

I checked amazon. No results.

Last edited:
Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns