• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Would you like to know how your mead would score in a competition?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
Hi everybody.

So for a while now I have had people sending me their mead asking me of what I thought and what could they do to improve the mead.

And, as some of you know I am now a certified mead judge in the MJCP. This is the governing organization that oversee all the competitions that you will compete in in the US.

I would like to offer to you a chance to get some feedback on your stuff. I will fill out an official score sheet and also include possible ideas to improve your finished product.

If you send me a copy of your log I will also comment on what I think you can do to improve your protocol.

I know for me, I entered many things in competitions before I had ever even tasted a mead in that category. Not looking to win anything but to get some feedback from someone.

The feedback helps. And you never get protocol clarification when you enter a competition.

I'll do this free of charge for anyone who wants to send something my way.

PM me if your interested

X-tian

Mead Enthusiast
GotMead Patron
Hi everybody.

So for a while now I have had people sending me their mead asking me of what I thought and what could they do to improve the mead.

And, as some of you know I am now a certified mead judge in the MJCP. This is the governing organization that oversee all the competitions that you will compete in in the US.

I would like to offer to you a chance to get some feedback on your stuff. I will fill out an official score sheet and also include possible ideas to improve your finished product.

If you send me a copy of your log I will also comment on what I think you can do to improve your protocol.

I know for me, I entered many things in competitions before I had ever even tasted a mead in that category. Not looking to win anything but to get some feedback from someone.

The feedback helps. And you never get protocol clarification when you enter a competition.

I'll do this free of charge for anyone who wants to send something my way.

PM me if your interested

Def gonna do this with you, Squatchy, at some point (hopefully soon)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maylar

Got Mead? Patron
GotMead Patron
May 23, 2015
Connecticut
Hah - Just wantin' some free mead, eh? Your mamma raised no fools :p

When my latest cyser has aged a bit, I'll take you up on that.

Squatchy

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Nov 3, 2014
Denver
Hah - Just wantin' some free mead, eh? Your mamma raised no fools :p

When my latest cyser has aged a bit, I'll take you up on that.

You're funny. I have 10 times the mead I could ever drink in an entire lifetime sittin around here. Actually I thought to my self, "I sure hope I don't get a lot of bad tasting stuff that I have to score". The good thing about scoring a mead is you can get all the sensory info you need with a single ounce. So it doesn't require drinking much if it's not very good.

WayneG

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 27, 2016
My very first batch sample should have hit your mail box on Friday.

caduseus

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 20, 2016
Cincinnati
Yes it is cool.
The soonest i plan to enter is the Texas mead cup in September. Nothing will be ready for the "Mead free or Die".

Anyone know of any Mead events between 4/30 and late September?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns