• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

3rd and 4th batche

Barrel Char Wood Products

Kody_Wulfe

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 5, 2017
Midwest
Ok.... I just started my latest two batches.... 1.12 SG... yeah I remembers....

Here is a pic of my clear Mead from the first 2 batches... never mind.. I cannot figure out how to get it below the limit for upload....

Anyways, it did clear well...

I also have a blood orange Melomel that is clearing....

So they are off to sit for a few months... Woot...

Kody

caduseus

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 20, 2016
Cincinnati
Ok.... I just started my latest two batches.... 1.12 SG... yeah I remembers....

Here is a pic of my clear Mead from the first 2 batches... never mind.. I cannot figure out how to get it below the limit for upload....

Anyways, it did clear well...

I also have a blood orange Melomel that is clearing....

So they are off to sit for a few months... Woot...

Kody

Please don't rack right away as the yeast can assist in clearing if you stir 2-3/week for the first 3-4 weeks after fermentation is done.

Kody_Wulfe

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 5, 2017
Midwest
I wont... did not plan on it...

but it is weird...

The ONLY thing I did different was I activated my yeast before I added it.. and so far no bubbles in my airlock.....

and yes.. I am stirring it...

Kody

Dadux

Worker Bee
Registered Member
Jan 5, 2016
Spain, Europe
I wont... did not plan on it...

but it is weird...

The ONLY thing I did different was I activated my yeast before I added it.. and so far no bubbles in my airlock.....

and yes.. I am stirring it...

Kody

What yeast did you use and how much? just to make sure, it was liquid yeast? liquid yeast is "activated" while dry yeast is "rehidrated".
Usually if there is no bubbling after 48h, start to worry. Until then leave it be.
You can also shine a flashlight on the surface of the mead. Even if there is no airlock activity its very probable you can see tiny bubbles on the surface (impatiant guy trick here :p ).

Kody_Wulfe

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 5, 2017
Midwest
I rehydrated D47 yeast.. and when I take the top off to aerate... I smell and see the yeast working.. I just think that because I am removing the top a couple times a day to aerate.... its taking longer for the headspace to fill with C02.....

I would only be really worried if I had NO indication of yeast working....

Kody

Kody_Wulfe

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 5, 2017
Midwest
Well.. now I am a little concerned.... when I take the lids off... I see no foam... but smell fermentation... and when I stir it.. i bring bubbles to the surface.... its weird it is on both...

Kody

Dadux

Worker Bee
Registered Member
Jan 5, 2016
Spain, Europe
Well.. now I am a little concerned.... when I take the lids off... I see no foam... but smell fermentation... and when I stir it.. i bring bubbles to the surface.... its weird it is on both...

Kody

Many yeast strains dont foam. If there are bubbles there is fermentation.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns