• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Dreamweaver MX 2004

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Make sure to get the CSS and layer extensions available on the Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004 Exchange. There are tons of great extensions that are free, and save a lot of setup and formatting time.

Let me know if you want the "must have" list that I use.

Cheers,

Oskaar

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Yes. Yes YES! Please do sent it over, Oskaar. I've got a number of extensions, but I'm fairly new to Dreamweaver, been using Homesite for years, so any advice is welcome.

I *did* however, find the Yahoo extension for Yahoo stores. I'm doing a billiards supply site for a Yahoo store, and that extension is da bomb. *Much* easier than doing it freehand.

Oh, and the template function rocks too. I gotta wonder, though why Macromedia didn't put much by way of help files in about it. I hopped on Amazon and bought the Dreamweaver template book, and the Dreamweaver Bible.

Tell you what though, even with this tool, I *so* undercharged for this site. The thing has 900+ products, and I've been buried for days getting the layout right, and now building the section and product pages.....

Vicky - worn out, have a cold, but learning *so* much

Talon

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 8, 2004
Yes, but just think of the experience, the code library you will now have and how much you can charge others for doing your magic.... *grins*

I find I'm forever making little utilities at work as a software tester that I'm using elsewhere for other purposes and find that it's soo much easier when you have a common library to work with.

Talon.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I'll fire that stuff off to you Vicky. I've got a couple of meetings today, so it will be this evening. I think I have a couple of really great references for you too.

More later,

Oskaar

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Thanks Oskaar! Talon, you *know* it. I've learned a boatload on this project, both in Dreamweaver and in Photoshop. I'll be the better designer and coder for this, and the next job will go that much faster. Heck, if I get a few non-ecommerce sites, I'll make up on those what I lost on this one, just for the speed of development in Dreamweaver.

I'm shooting for having this puppy in the can (major bits anyway, some tweaking will still happen) by Xmas, so I can work on Gotmead during the Xmas-NYD week......

Vicky - miserable with my 2nd Christmas cold in a row....

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Don't forget Fireworks MX 2K4, it rocks out loud and integrates so slick with DW MX 2K4 you'll never know you left one for the other.

Drink mead! Lot's o' Mead!

Cheers,

Oskaar

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
You're evil Oskaar. Really evil. I upgraded today to FW MX 2004. This is *so* much easier to use than Photoshop.....and to think I was a click away from upgrading Photoshop......

Vicky - who's learned so much this week her brain hurts

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns