• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Re: Congratulations

Barrel Char Wood Products

Norskersword

NewBee
Registered Member
May 19, 2004

I know exactly what you mean! I recently found a philosophy forum and posted something and I got plenty of those! I won't be posting again on that site!

WikdWaze

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 2, 2004

Flamed on a philosophy forum? That's ridiculous. Of all the groups you would expect to be rational and intelligent, philosophers would have to be near the top. Go back and offer them all some tea.... hemlock tea. ;D

Norskersword

NewBee
Registered Member
May 19, 2004

That's exactly what I was thinking. For a philosophy forum, everyone was surprisingly very closed minded. I get the strong feeling everyone there just wanted to feel big and smart. Even the administrators were smartasses! It should have been renamed "closed minded a-hole forum".

WikdWaze

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 2, 2004

Philosophers trying to feel big and important? No! ::)

Automotive boards are the worst. I wish I had a dollar for every time I've read "if that was such a good idea they'd already be doing it". Personally, I've never been a fan of the status quo. Where would the world be if nobody ever tried anything outlandish?

Besides, I have to think outside the box, I'm claustrophobic. ;D

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC

I gotta say that most of the usenet forums are unmoderated which lends itself to inappropriate behavior, flaming, trolling and general dissent amongst the ranks.

They're a wonderful source for that obscure bit of intel you need to uninstall POSIX on your Win2K Advanced Server, find and remove virus entries in your XP Pro registry, download all manner of women, men and beasts engaged in various states of dress and undress, and in various poses and states of physical communion. MP3 files abound along with your favorite television serials (B5 was the best space opera ever to hit TV IMNSHO) in DVD, VCD and DiVX format; in short the choices are endless.

However while there is a feeling of community in each of the different groups, the constant bickering, spamming, trolling and general one-ups-manship is really unappealing. That's what makes this a great group to post in, especially because while we all enjoy making, and drinking our mead, we all have our own approach to our craft.

To me, it really speaks volumes that we're able to disagree on tastes, techniques, processes, methods and the like, and still agree on enjoying our end product. Giving respect to people is a precious commodity in this day and age, and the posters on this board should take the time to appreciate themselves and their brethren in these forums for doing precisely that. Everyone here seems to really embrace being helpful, courteous and respectful.

It is such an easy thing to criticise and point out what everyone does wrong. It's much more difficult to smile and catch someone in the act of doing something right, and add some helpful suggestions. I like that about this community!

Cheers,

Oskaar

WikdWaze

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 2, 2004

To me, it really speaks volumes that we're able to disagree on tastes, techniques, processes, methods and the like, and still agree on enjoying our end product. Giving respect to people is a precious commodity in this day and age, and the posters on this board should take the time to appreciate themselves and their brethren in these forums for doing precisely that. Everyone here seems to really embrace being helpful, courteous and respectful.

It is such an easy thing to criticise and point out what everyone does wrong. It's much more difficult to smile and catch someone in the act of doing something right, and add some helpful suggestions. I like that about this community!

Cheers,

Oskaar
Can I get an "Amen"?

WikdWaze

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 2, 2004

Amen!

Oh! Wikd I just got the "hemlock tea" joke! ;)
Once again the simple southern boy is too fast for y'all sophisticated city folk. ;D

Jmattioli

Lifetime GotMead Patron

Congratulations are in order:

Honorary Mead Maker Award
presented to​
WikdWaze
;D​
:)for exceeding 100 posts :)
:Dwithout yet making his first Mead :D
;D​

This is a record on the GodMead Forum and I am proud to present this certificate of Award. ........ Joe MeadMaker

WikdWaze

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 2, 2004

Congratulations are in order:

Honorary Mead Maker Award
presented to​
WikdWaze
;D​
:)for exceeding 100 posts :)
:Dwithout yet making his first Mead :D
;D​

This is a record on the GodMead Forum and I am proud to present this certificate of Award. ........ Joe MeadMaker
I'd like to thank all the little people that helped make this possible ;D

WikdWaze

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 2, 2004

I will be getting my second carboy this weekend, as soon as I find a store that still sells apple juice in 1-gallon glass jugs.

WikdWaze

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 2, 2004

That's great news and you are a great Sport.
Sincerely, Joe
If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at? It really is amusing how fast I've moved up the ranks without ever having made a batch. At least I feel good that my posts have been relevent and not just posted to say "look at me".

Norskersword

NewBee
Registered Member
May 19, 2004

If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at? It really is amusing how fast I've moved up the ranks without ever having made a batch. At least I feel good that my posts have been relevent and not just posted to say "look at me".

Oh you are absolutely right. Don't let our jokes make you feel unwanted, we all really appreciate your contribution to the forum and your company. As much as I hate to say it, the forum was starting to slow down quite a bit before you joined and you've made things alot more interesting!

WikdWaze

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 2, 2004

Oh you are absolutely right. Don't let our jokes make you feel unwanted, we all really appreciate your contribution to the forum and your company. As much as I hate to say it, the forum was starting to slow down quite a bit before you joined and you've made things alot more interesting!
I am deeply flattered. I didn't realize I had become the life of the party. I do consider myself among friends here.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC

Wikd,

You'll go far in life . . . the further away the better. LOL

Just remember that all our jibs and jabs are really just our jealousy showing through because we all remember how exciting it was to make the first batch, and how much we anticipated everything that was happening.

Truth is you're joining a 12 step program here!

Oskaar: "Hi . . . my name is Oskaar . . . and I'm a meadmaker."

Everyone: "HI OSKAAR"

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns