• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Favorite Email App

Barrel Char Wood Products

What is your favorite/preferred email application?

• Outlook/Outlook Express

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KMail

• Thunderbird

• Evolution

• ELM

• Pine

• Webmail

• Lotus Notes

• Eudora

• Other...

• Total voters

jab

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 15, 2004
radiofreeomaha.net
So what is everyone's favorite? I currently use Thunderbird. I think I actually liked Evolution better but I have given up on Gnome for the time being so I gave up on Evolution as well. I also use SquirrelMail for webmail. I use ELM from the commandline if I am forced into that.

If I have left off any important options PM me and I think I can add them after the fact.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Thunderbird all the way and Firefox as a browser.

The one thing I've found with thunderbird is that the filters could be a little more flexible, and it needs a good solid integrated calendar.

Cheers,

Oskaar

jab

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 15, 2004
radiofreeomaha.net
It's coming.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/

Patience grasshopper.

I agree though. I really like how the Mozilla group has split everything out into it's separate components. However, as far as Thunderbird goes I think they went a little too far by splitting out the calendar. Looks like they are planning on merging it back in though.

R

Ranna

I guess I use Thunderbird, though really it's the Mozilla Mail client, though I may switch to Firefox/Thunderbird/Sunbird. My excuse used to be that I used ChatZilla, and so I needed the whole bundle, but now I've been reduced to "ctrl-2 is easier than starting thunderbird". I guess the real reason is that I've been with Mozilla for several years, and I'm too stubborn to change :eek:)

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns