• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Too long!

Barrel Char Wood Products

remclave

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 21, 2005
From click to show, it takes absolutely forever for anything to happen. This problem exists only on this website's forums so I was wondering what the problem may be....

Also, when I try to login from another pc, it says there's a problem with the cookies. This problem exists only on this website's login.

I really want to participate but am frustrated by the extremely slow response rate.

Kat

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Are you running active virus checking, accessing through a proxy server or using a firewall?

Which browsers are you using, and what versions thereof?

Are you using dial-up?

Every once in a while I experience some site lag, but not very often. Generally when a site responds back with a "cookies" message it's not the site but the browser settings which are the problem.

Hope that helps,

Oskaar

remclave

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 21, 2005
Are you running active virus checking, accessing through a proxy server or using a firewall?

Which browsers are you using, and what versions thereof?

Are you using dial-up?

Every once in a while I experience some site lag, but not very often. Generally when a site responds back with a "cookies" message it's not the site but the browser settings which are the problem.

Hope that helps,

Oskaar
no. I've been running mcAfee forever. never had a problem with it.

IE6

hi speed cable modem

As for the cookies problem, this is the first time I've ever seen that particular error.

Thank you for your input Oskaar. I really don't know what it was but suddenly, after over a week of struggling to navigate this site, it is now moving a little faster. I've done nothing to correct the problem....

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Are you familiar with ping and tracert? They will hit the different routers and servers along the route from your PC to the Server. If you see response time very high on one of the IP addresses it is a problem on the route and not on the server. In that case it's network latency rather than server response time from Gotmead.com

Also you may want to check the population on your cable segment (how many people are using high speed cable on your block) while you get really great response time from cable when a few people are using it, the speed decreases significantly when there are a lot of people using it. If you notice that certain times of the day your response time is faster, that may be an indication of over-cable population.

Hope that helps,

Oskaar

remclave

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 21, 2005
:D Thank you again Oskaar!

Why only this site was affected, I guess I'll never know because everything seems to be working okay now and I didn't do anything to fix it.....hmmm. I think I need to go raid that young mead.....

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns