• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Caving to the pressure

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
OK folks,

Due to overwhelming demand, Smeagol/Gollum is back as my avatar. It seems the Jackal just didn't go over as well as good ole Gollum. Keep those cards and letters coming.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Pewter_of_Deodar

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 23, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
Oskaar,

While I have no idea what you look like in person, to me you will always look like Gollum until I meet you. The return to his picture is welcome even though I resisted the urge to lobby for it. I just couldn't relate to the other one...

Pewter

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
It is good to see your familiar avatar face again. :D

Along the lines of speculation as to your actual resemblence to Smeagol, I have only one comment.

I do not in ANY way resemble my own avatar!!!!

David

Norskersword

NewBee
Registered Member
May 19, 2004
Both of Oscaar's avatars have one thing in common, that same rascally smile. I associate him with that! ;D

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
My last girlfriend said that whenever I got that rascally smile on my face, she wondered what kind of trouble we were going to get into next. :D

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Oskaar said:
My last girlfriend said that whenever I got that rascally smile on my face, she wondered what kind of trouble we were going to get into next. :D

Hmmm . . . as a red headed nymph, this may have been mutual. ;D

BTW -- my 7 year old daughter thanks you for the avatar change. She was looking over my shoulder as I was scrolling through GotMead posts, saw the vampire face and said she didn't like it.

I keep her away whenever I'm looking at Dave Baldwin's posts. ;D

jab

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 15, 2004
radiofreeomaha.net
Heh, yeah I try to stay away from David's posts at work. Though I was never outright told it was inappropriate I did get a somewhat shocked :)o) look from my managers face when you came over to ask a question and I was on one of his posts.

Since I don't have a meadery to fall back on I figure at work at least I had better play it safe. And now since I can't seem to connect from work that problem is solved!

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
Having read the recent posts, I decided to change my avatar. I really don't want anyone to have to worry about their wife, daughter, boss, etc seeing something less than appropriate on screen.

Thanks for the honest input. I really don't want to offend anyone with the "warrior babe" avatar.

No need to stay away from my posts anymore ;D Maybe now I can let my wife see what I'm posting. ;D ;D ;D

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns