• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

How Time Flies

Barrel Char Wood Products

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
Yesterday my wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. Yep we got married April Fools Day - it seemed appropriate some howW ;D

Nothing exotic, just a simple evening out together and then home to share a bottle of 1995 Chardonnay.

So much has happened in the past ten years, yet it doesn't seem that we've been married that long.

We decided to try for another 40 together ;D ;D ;D ;

Miriam

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Feb 2, 2005
Mazal tov! At LEAST another 40, all good, David.

Miriam

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
Congratulations! It sounds like the only way it could have been better is if you'd celebrated with a mead. Oh, well, you've got another forty years (at least) to prepare some for the toasts!

-David

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
The mead came tonight. We very much enjoyed a raspberry mead from White Winter Winery. The Chardonnay was my wife's choice for the evening because of the age of the wine - vinted the same year we married.

It's been a great weekend of looking back over the past ten years and looking forward to many years to come.

I believe it a rare gift to have found my soul and life mate. The lady of my dreams and the love of my life.

With two great kids snuggled into bed, my sweetheart asleep on the couch and a glass of meat at hand, I count myself to be a truly blessed man.

Lagerman64

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 17, 2003
NY
You're right time does fly, my wife and I just celebrated out 21st wedding anniversary. Doesn't seem that long, guess it's the mead or aliens (lost time) :D.

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
Just goes to show that I really ought to type in Word and run it through my spell check before I post! Well, spell check wouldn't ctch meat in place of mead - maybe I should just proofread ;D

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns