• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

HI

Barrel Char Wood Products

Doc76

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 5, 2005
HI just signed up and wanted to introduce myslef. I am a beekeeper in New Brunswick Canada. I just started making mead last fall and have had alot of fun. I cruise around websites looking for info on mead but I hav found experience and patients are the best agents in mead making. I have made four batches so far. A sack mead, A blueberry melomel, A strawberry melomel and I just started a Mango,strawberry,pineapple,apple,peach and pear kinda mix/soup/mead. I havent tasted any of them yet but the finished ones are very clear. Just waiting for them to age a bit. Anyway enough about me hope to meet some interesting folks.

Doc

toolboxdiver

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 3, 2005
toolboxdiver.tripod.com
Doc76 said:
HI just signed up and wanted to introduce myslef. I am a beekeeper in New Brunswick Canada. I just started making mead last fall and have had alot of fun. I cruise around websites looking for info on mead but I hav found experience and patients are the best agents in mead making. I have made four batches so far. A sack mead, A blueberry melomel, A strawberry melomel and I just started a Mango,strawberry,pineapple,apple,peach and pear kinda mix/soup/mead. I havent tasted any of them yet but the finished ones are very clear. Just waiting for them to age a bit. Anyway enough about me hope to meet some interesting folks.

Doc

Hello Doc, a bee keeper I am still considering going that route I have the space, but its alot of work from what I've read and from talking to other bee keepers. Good luck with your meads, and Melomels. I have a Blueberry Melomel aging in the Jug, and a Blueberry/Cranberry aging also. I also have 2 different cysers working in Carboys. Have a great day :)

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
Welcome!

This is a great place for mead makers to gather, and bee keepers too, I'd imagine. I don't keep bees myself -- I'm afraid of the responsibility of livestock, be they bees, or just about anything else. We had a turtle once whom I loved, but he was so much work. Of course, if he produced honey for us, I might not have minded so much!

-David

Norskersword

NewBee
Registered Member
May 19, 2004
Hey Doc,

Welcome to the forum! How long ago did you make your blueberry and strawberry meads? How did they turn out?

We have a couple of strawberries aging but I'm just a bit impatient for the results. We were also planning a blueberry mead some time down the line. Would you do that one again?

Doc76

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 5, 2005
I started them back in October, and they are looking good. I am bulk aging the strawberry still but have bottled the blueberry. I just racked the strawberry wednsday for the last time and it tastes great. My mango mix is on what I call stage two. And I just started a braggot yesterday. Its friggin addicting. I think I will bottle my strawberry in May.

Doc 76 ;D

Doc76

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 5, 2005
Oh yeah, I havent tried the blueberry yet, But I am waiting until my order of queens comes in from Ontario(Canada) to crack them babies. I am sure they will be good. It was an experimental one galon batch. I used about three pounds of blueberries and three pounds of honey. I got a good lift off it when I bottled it, and it tasted awesome. I think I will call it atomic blueberry.

Doc 76

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns