• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Food & Mead; What works?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Meadmage999

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 27, 2005
Just wondering what everyone likes to eat with their Mead?

I love baking.. I mean.. I LOVE IT!! Almost as much as mead... so I have Mead with my Moon Shaped cookies or Red Meat. That's uasly what works best, Mead & Cookies & Beef Ribs on the grill.

I'll cook for anyone if you bring the mead! :-*

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
<perks up> Ribs ? ? ? Mead, and you Cook? Where have you been all of my life? LOL

I like big fat dead cow on my barbeque with some mead on the side!

Oskaar

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
I'll drink mead with just about anything, it doesn't go so good with popcorn though. Meats, pasta's, cakes, pies all go wonderfully and I love having a glass or three with my homemade poppy seed loaf.
Wrathwilde

Miriam

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Feb 2, 2005
I think you have to know your mead and just combine it with your menu according to your personal taste.

For example, I discovered that Joe's Ancient Orange Melomel combines deliciously with pasta & pesto, or chicken baked with fruit.

My prune melomel goes very well with spicy/piquant chicken or lamb.

My lavender/rosemary metheglin goes really well with a tension headache after my MIL has been visiting... :D

Miriam

toolboxdiver

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 3, 2005
toolboxdiver.tripod.com
Miriam said:
I think you have to know your mead and just combine it with your menu according to your personal taste.

For example, I discovered that Joe's Ancient Orange Melomel combines deliciously with pasta & pesto, or chicken baked with fruit.

My prune melomel goes very well with spicy/piquant chicken or lamb.

My lavender/rosemary metheglin goes really well with a tension headache after my MIL has been visiting... :D

Miriam

Mirium can you send me some of the Lavendar/Rosemary Metheglin......for medicinal purposes or unexpected visits....lol ;D

Miriam

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Feb 2, 2005
I wish I could, TBD, but the best I can offer is the recipe, which is on page 1 in the Recipes section.

Well Jeepers, I'm a mother-in-law myself...a good one, I hope. That is, I say supportive things, keep my mouth shut otherwise, and sincerely love my SIL as one of my own. Wish my MIL, may she be well, would do the same for me :(...but in a less than ideal world, it's good to keep this relaxing metheglin around.

Miriam

jeebeel

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 22, 2004
Last night I had a couple of glasses of Redstone Juniper Mead with a bowl of fettucine with spicy meat sauce. Excellent combo!

Meadmage999

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 27, 2005
Oskaar said:
<perks up> Ribs ? ? ? Mead, and you Cook? Where have you been all of my life? LOL

I like big fat dead cow on my barbeque with some mead on the side!

Oskaar

You ask me where I've been all your life... Away from you.. *smerk* LOL
1.)Do you not see I have one Mead Teacher I'm after?
2.)That cow you want me to cook for you better be all organic!

J/K
much love

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
I like to toss my used oak on the charcoal grill and indirect grill/smoke chicken over the coals. That coupled with a glass of (don't hate me) Chaucers or better yet Joe's Ancient Orange/Spice really tops off a meal. Oh yes and some baked asparegus lightly sprinkled with some Kasztelanski to round out the veggy part of the meal.

Great, now I'm hungry and it's still two and a half hours till lunch... ;D

Lagerman64

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 17, 2003
NY
Everything goes great with mead. Bread, meat, vegies, fruit and cheese, works for me any how ;)

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns