• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Mynx's Brewery

Barrel Char Wood Products

Mynx

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 8, 2005
Well, I have no mead going at the moment (!!! A travesty I know!!) But I do have a picture of my latest batch of stout.

Note: This is what made me realize that my cat (Nigel) is fat :-\

Nigel%20and%20his%20Ale.JPG

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Wow, I've never seen a fermentation vessel with a fur coat! LOL

Minxie, that cat is HUGE! Gaaak, I'm crackin' up!

Cheers,

Oskaar

Mynx

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 8, 2005
He's on a diet too!!! I just cant make him get skinnier :-[

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
Mynx,

Your stout looks beautiful! Your cat looks bountiful! We've had several fat cats. I'd like to build a large, enclosed and motorized mouse wheel-type thing, with a timer, that people could put their fatso felines in and set for, say, five or ten minutes at a time. Then it would spin at a moderate but steady pace, and the cats would have to walk to keep up with it. It'd give kitty a non-strenuous workout that would burn calories if used on a daily basis. I could do infomercials with this, and get, I dunno, Garfield or some other washed-up feline star (Julie Newmar?) to hawk it.

I'm afraid your cat, like mine, needs to be on a "lite mead" diet. ;D

-David

Mynx

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 8, 2005
That's it!! He's not fat! He's bountiful! ;)

And the funny thing is, Nigel (the cat) is a bit of a spaz, so he actually spends alot of time racing around the house at high speeds, yowling. You'd *think* that'd burn some calories!! ???

The stout is a beautiful one. So tasty. Not bad for only my second batch ;)

Tsuchi

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 28, 2004
www.earthworks-design.com
My Fuzz ball of a cat got like that to so i got him a tabby friend to chase and started feeding a top notch food like wysong or inova a 1/4 c twice daily he bitched endless ly but the combo helped him trim down some.. hes not a lean cat by any means hes just a solid orange tom but i'd like to keep him around for a good while longer and he's much happier now that he can jump and run and tear ass like the kitten he used to be. :)
He sounds liek hes got the energy just try the often feedings of quality food for a while.. they dont need much ! adjust as you see changes in the ole boy...

Mynx

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 8, 2005
Both he and my other cat (malcholm) are on a diet of Iams Indoor fat cat food. PRoblem is, Nigel snarffles up what malcholm leaves ;)

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
Hi Mynx,
Cute cat :). When I put Cheyenne on a diet, she would wait for me at the gate when I got home from work and walk away when I'd go to pet her :-\. She kept this up until I bribed her with 1 red apple. She is down to 140 lbs. :eek: Besides, Nigel isn't fat, he's crouching :-[

Have fun
Ted

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
When seeking out a high quality diet cat food for our tubby tabbies, I found a "senior active" formula. The clerk asked what I was looking for. I told her I was looking for either a "senior sedentary" or "old, fat, and lazy" formula.

Our tabbies are very much the same general shape as Nigel. Our black and white "tuxedo" cat is perfectly trim. I seriously wonder if the tabbies are somewhat prone to the "love handles"

Mynx

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 8, 2005
That might be David. My other cat is a champagne tabby, and while he is a monster, he's not fat. He's just a big damn cat. I think Nigel's "bounty" is more a byproduct of being an indoor cat than anything. That and having a hoover vacuum in his ancestry! ::)

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns