• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Mead Slosh at Beer, Beer and More Beer, Riverside, CA

Barrel Char Wood Products

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
It was great meeting everyone today at the "Mead Slosh" in Riverside, SoCal today. We had a good turnout, and I'm very glad I took the time and drove out to Riverside to meet Brian Kettering, Scott, MikeB, BrewBear, Kaygy and everyone else who showed up to sample the different meads (all 29 of them!!)

I was really impressed by the meads that everyone brought, and there were some first time mead makers in the crowd with some very impressive first efforts. Congratulations to you all for taking the time to come by and share your mead-making stories, ideas, techniques and just being there to chat with other mead makers. Lot's of neat stuff to learn, and some neat people to meet.

Thanks especially to Brian Kettering for arranging this with MoreBeer so we could all share our hard work with one another. Also, special thanks to the MoreBeer Store Manager, Karl Wichmann for giving us a place to gather, and a nice pavillion to keep the sun off our heads.

THANKS!

Here's a link to a photo of the mead and wine that I took along.

http://207.5.69.177/omsoftnet/MeadAndWine.jpg

Zivjeli,

Oskaar

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Thanks dude!

I live in Orange County, SoCal, and the labels are kind of a tribute to our vanishing citrus groves. They are kind of a recreation of what the wooden citrus box labels used to look like when they were here in abundance.

Cheers,

Oskaar

toolboxdiver

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 3, 2005
toolboxdiver.tripod.com
Hey Oskaar, did you get any pics of the group. You dudes keep this up and you will be wearing colors berore long....I can see it now the Southern California Chapter of Hells Meadmakers...lol
Glad ya'll had a great time, wish I could get together like that in my area...maybe a Idea ... lol

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I didn't bring my camera unfortunately.

Also, I am wary of posting any identifiable photos of people without their permission. Group photos from a distance are fine, but individual photos I stay away from.

I also don't/won't post photos of my meadworx, because I like my personal privacy to stay personal and private. Sharing it on the web with millions of pairs of eyes is not my style. I don't mind showing my mead, but not my stuff.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns