• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Found a great stainless sink for sale

Barrel Char Wood Products

Commander Toasty

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 9, 2005
In Napa there is for sale a six month old three bay free standing stainless sink for $200. It's a commerical model, and would be great for someone heavily involved in our hobby. Shipping would likely be impossible. But if you are in the area and interested let me know and I'll forward the information to you.

jab

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 15, 2004
radiofreeomaha.net
Man, you So. Cal. guys get all the good meet ups and used equipment deals. I'm jealous.

Any chance you can find a pic of the model? Probably not worth my time to drive half way across the country but you never know...

Commander Toasty

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 9, 2005
Yeah I'm northern CA - we don't generally talk to folk from SoCal because they take all our water. Then again they make all these really cool movies - so there's peace. And we both have our fair share of nuts!

Napa Valley is about forty miles from San Francisco, and if you ever have the chance to get here for a week I highly recommend doing some wine tours. Exploring the caves used for aging is awesome.

I have a picture of the sink but it's in bitmap format which is not accepted here,so I'll sned it to you directly.

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
As I recall they keep wanting to split California into two States, North and South... I think the only reason they haven't yet is they can't agree which one would be known as the Altered State. ::)

I was born & raised in San Diego bit I lived in Sonora from 1990 to 1998. It reminded me of San Diego in the 70's, not in size but in feel. I love NoCal.

Wrathwilde

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Well, the NoCal SoCal thing has been talked about for a long time. Bottom line is that we're very interdependent on one another. I doubt that there will be a division in my lifetime. Water and agriculture are two of the big issues.

cheers,

Oskaar

Commander Toasty

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 9, 2005
And - where to draw the line?
We all know there will never be a seperation, but as these arguments go, one wonders where to draw the line. Typically San Francisco is northern, with the seperation occuring somewhere south of SF. But as a true northerner I'd just as soon leave SF to the south! Draw the line at the Golden Gate Bridge and leave me the wine country and great northern redwoods!

What's funny is this water thing. My local water is not good, in fact it is outside legal limits for human consumption and loaded with chemicals. So I use bottled spring water for my beverages. These days I have been using Arrowhead, which originates way north of me, gets transported to and bottled in the Los Angeles area, and then shipped back up here so I can pay a buck a gallon for it! Got to love this world. And why do I use Arrowhead? Because Calisotga which is about a blcok from me makes more profit shipping water to SoCal! So it costs less for the Arrowhead to make its way back and forth.

I think I need a glass of mead...

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Water companies are so funny.

Crystal Geyser is located just off the 395 on the way up to Mammoth Mountain, and their plant is only about 110 yards off the road. It's in the middle of this barren transitional desert area. Just desolate and void of human life.

You're driving along going I hope I don't get stuck here, and whammo, there's this drab industrial looking plant with a bright "Crystal Geyser" sign on it! LOL If only people knew.

Cracks me up!

Chow for now!

Oskaar

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
Hold it y'all !!!
It's bad enough the summers get hotter than Hell's armpits, now the northerners want to claim ALL THE WATER??
What are we, SoCal people supposed to make our meads with??? Mexican water? Phewww!!!!
I use Crystal Geiser water, supposed to be "spring water", $.99/gal at the 99 cents store. I used filtered tap water for a 1 gal project...it is barely bubbling along, possibly from all the other stuff in the water ( has absolutely nothing to do with my inexperience).
Back to the store for more water.....
BTW, met a guy selling 2 15.5 gal kegs cut out to be used as fermenters...he is reasonable, i got the last corney keg from him for $7.

Ted

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns