• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Hello

Barrel Char Wood Products
V

Village_Drunk

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to introduce myself. I just began playing around with homebrew (mead and simmilar only, so far) this year, and so far its going quite well.
Bottles batches:
Plain (mesquite honey, good quality jasmine green tea)
Plain with Roasted cacao and madagascar Vanilla
Plain with Ginger and Lemon Zest
Plain with (true) cinnamon, clove, pepper, etc.
Ginger (mesquite honey, lots of ginger, a little pepper)

on the way:
Cranberry melomel
Maple wine

briankettering

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 2, 2005
Greetings and welcome to the boards. It looks like you are have a grand time make mead.

I have some maple syrup waiting to be turned into a fine fermented beverage. I have made both a maple ale and a maple mead.

I have some questions about your plans for your maple wine:

What big a batch of maple wine are you going to make?

How much maple syrup are you going to use?

Any idea what yeast will be used?

And are you going to make a dry maple wine or a sweet maple wine?

Thanks!

Brian K

V

Village_Drunk

We use 3 gallon glass carboys for everything until the bottle.

We used 128 fl oz of maple syrup, grade B if I remember correctly (maple crest 96 oz from Costco and 32 oz grade B from Trader Joe's)
The Yeast we used was Wyeast 3632 (Dry Mead), 1/2 the packet (which is a liquid yeast with a bit of a starter built in.. much more expensive but much easier); the other half went to the cran melomel.
In general, I prefer my drinks on the dry side in almost all cases. My roommate has simmilar tastes, and he has been involved in a few of these batches. So far, we ferment to completion, no stabilization or S02.

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
Hello Village_Drunk,

I'm Anthony in Los Angeles, made and bottled one batch of mead have 3 meads and a batch of Agave wine fermenting now.

Welcome to the forum.

Anthony

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns