• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

What style of bottle is your favourite?

Barrel Char Wood Products

Subject says it all

• Beer bottle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wine, Bordeaux

• Wine, Burgundy

• Wine, Hock

• Other (specify)

• Total voters

Fortuna_Wolf

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 24, 2004
Just a fun little poll. I've been washing bottles all night tonight and was wondering, what's everyone's favourite bottle style to use?
I have 2 dozen amber burgundy bottles I think I want to get rid of since I have more than enough bordeaux and hock bottles and I prefer them. Hocks are my favourite, and then bordeaux. I like beer bottles for catching anything over a multiple of a dozen wine bottles.

memento

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 3, 2005
www.flickr.com
I don't know the difference between the 3 wine bottles. I don't use champagne or beer (for the most part), so it's one of the 3.

andrew_buhl

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 27, 2005
Definitely the 'E-Z Cap" or grolsch type bottles. Easy to fill, Easy to clean. No Capping or corking and relcosable. And they Look Nice.

David Baldwin

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
I love the presentation of the wine bottles however...

I've found teh beer bottles easy to cap and I can give more away while depleting my limited stocks less than a 750ml wine bottle.

I obviously need to step up production! ;D

David

F

Fedelm Dub

For mead, I like wine bottles because they look nice. If I run out of wine bottles, then I'll use some beer bottles as they're easy to cap. I just need a corker and some corks because I've managed to get a nice collection of wine bottles. I just save the bottles after drinking the wine, and I've had friends give me their empty bottles. I even picked up some extra beer bottles, which will be nice if I decide to use them for mead, or another beer.

Miriam

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Feb 2, 2005
I favor the burgundy. My late Dad used to love grappa, which is bottled in 500-ml., tall, slender, black bottles. Over the years my Mom collected quite a few of them, and now I use them for leftovers from bottling and for give-aways.

I see David Baldwin shares the generous viewpoint of many of us: make a lot so you have more to give away!

Miriam

jackwolfe

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 7, 2004
moonlitmuse.cjb.net
I use several styles, depending on requirement and usage.
I use wine bottle for long term storage and aging, and it also allows me to fancy them up to give as gifts.
I use swing top bottles for short term storage and transporting to events. I have several sizes of these, from the 500 ml bottles (like grolsch) to 1 litre size.
I also use 1 gallon jugs sometimes when I need the quantity and it is only for short term storage.
By far I do prefer the wine bottles, they are easier to store (in a wine rack) and look far better when corked and labeled.

John

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns