• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Fun with Labels

Barrel Char Wood Products

Norskersword

NewBee
Registered Member
May 19, 2004
Here are some simple labels I've made recently to apply on my bottles using shipping label paper. Although I have to admit I kind of half-assed it and could have done better.

http://66.165.44.36/images/labels.jpg

I'm curious, has anyone else done anything like this? Or do you just write on a tag and tie it to your bottles?

Jmattioli

Lifetime GotMead Patron
I use Microsoft publisher to make labels similiar to the ones you pointed to. I print them on regular paper with a color printer. I attach them with Elmer's Washable School glue stick. It holds on well and is easy to clean off when you are done with the bottle. I include my final gravity reading and batch number to correspond with my notes and the type of mead and date. You can even put a specially made for line on the bottle and use your imagination with pictures.
Joe

Marion

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 1, 2004
I use shpping labels also. Although I don't do graphics, I use different font to make an appealling label. Works for me, but I do reserve the right to change next year. ;)

ThistyViking

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 15, 2003
I buy fancy shmansy labels for the bottles i give as christmass gifts. I use avery labels for my own stock.
You know the type of labels you run through a laser printer then peel and stick...

Norskersword

NewBee
Registered Member
May 19, 2004
Yeah these are Avery too. What fancy labels? Do you buy them and then write what it is or do you have them printed or something? I'm curious.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Lable fun

LOL Everyone's a critic! ;D

At the time I had some red bottles and this label was designed specifically for that color set. Some of my other ones are more with earthtones and such. But, I gotta admit, I just like this label too! LOL

Oskaar

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I use CorelDraw and take advantage of the clipart which can be broken apart and manipulated into the kind of look and feel you like.

Then you can reassemble it and add the drop shadows, glow effects, etc and pretty much come up with a very nice and professional looking bit of artwork for your mead lables.

I can draw something on my digitizing pad, but if the clipart is already there it saves a lot of time and they're very easy to modify so unless I have a lot of spare time on my hands, I end up using the modified clipart.

Oskaar

edited for spelling 06/25/2004

yabb_unknown_usr

NewBee
Registered Member
Jul 28, 2005
I just wanted to say that you all have given me some great ideas for my labels. For my first batch I am actually going to use a label that sports my family's coat of arms.

Once I have some labels finished, I will post links for everyone to see.

Thanks again,

josh

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
OK I have a new label for my current batch which is inspired by the Southern California/Florida Orange Crate Labels from the citrus growers associations.

This was a fun one to make (mostly because I'm drinking some blueberry mead). And because the neighbors catty-corner to me have a keg o' ale, a barbeque going and a live band rocking it hard!

I just got a phone call invitation to the paty, and they wondered if I could bring some mead! What a Co-inky-dink! This could get ugly!! I think I'll see if the band knows any Blackmore's Night!

Here's the label:

http://207.5.69.177/HRcenter/images/OrangeBlossomSpecialLabel.jpg

Cheers,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns