• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

A trip to the HBS...

Barrel Char Wood Products

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
is reminiscent of owning Harley's.

Back in the day, when something broke it meant a triip to the parts store, the funny thing about harleys, no matter what part or patrs where needed (even a shifter), I wasn't getting out of the store for under a hundred bucks.

Tripped to the parts LHB store today for filter pads and 375ml botltes. Bottle drying rack, bottle rinser, detergent, iodophor, corks, push-in corks, yeast, superfood, acid blend, case of 375 bottles, filter pads & nearly $200.00 later I won my way home.

I keep telling myself... there will come a point, when I'll have the tools that make the task less hassle & at that point a trip for supplies won't thin my wallet.

Anthony

Glacierwulf

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 19, 2005
there is a "contest" between my & my brewing buddies .... who ever can get out of the LHBS with spending the least $$ wins

beeboy

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 29, 2004
Port Orange, Florida, USA
Almost had the same thing today. Finally got a "quick" trip in to the HBS here in Daytona. 10:30 in the morning the store owner is pulling a bottle of mead out of the fridge to sample. It was a classic mead a bit on the sweet side, nice to finally taste something that didn't come from my mead cellar. Next a customer comes in with a stout for more sampling :D. Real nice flavor with a bit of a kick. Took almost an hour to get out the door with a case of bottles. Boy do I love trips to the HBS ;D

byathread

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 8, 2005
Boulder County, CO
Always great people at the LHBS. My recent trips have included the sampling of an elderberry braggot, an oaked porter and many other delicious brews!

mead_monkey

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 22, 2004
oh man, im missing out :(

Im in a little town where the school makes up over half the population... so its online ordering for me.

no site is ever thoughtfull enough to include samples ;)

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
I know how you feel Anthony,
My last trip to Stein Fillers was as a favor for a friend, she needed a solid bung and all I had were the drilled ones. I left with two new buckets, 2 beer kits, caps, capper, bottle rack, yeasts, DAP, and a good buzz, they were sampling the beer.
The samles convinced me to get the kits ;D
I was looking at a couple of beer kegs but my wallet said No :'(, at least for now.

Ted

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
The LHBS is home to, The Cellarmasters Home Wine Club & The Maltose Falcons Home Brewing Society, founded in 1973 & 1974 respectively.

It's kind of odd, of all the time spent there, I've yet to be there when the beer/wine/mead has been flowing.

Anthony

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns