• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

I would like if I may...

Barrel Char Wood Products

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
to take you on a strange journey.

So, what do you suppose the recipe for Rocky Horror mead would have in it?

And crawling on this planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Mynx

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 8, 2005
Celery.

And meatloaf.

:D

Seriously tho, if I were to do a rocky themed mead, it'd be some type of sweet, reddish mead I think.

Course my cast used to get bombed on $3 port before shows, so what do I know? ;)

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
Rooibos tea makes a very deep red mead celery maybe but I think it's best to drink mead with meatloaf on the side.

He's just a little brought down, because when you knocked, He thought you were the candyman.

Mynx

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 8, 2005
Dammnit, gonna have AP lines in my head all day now.

"My feet! I cant move my feet!" "My wheels, I cant move my wheels" "My socks!! I cant move my socks!"

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Mynx said:
Seriously tho, if I were to do a rocky themed mead, it'd be some type of sweet, reddish mead I think.
Thyme Warp by Wrathwilde

First step would be to boil a handful of Coca Leaf for Columbia (More than a handful's a waste)

Then add the Honey... Thyme of course (This will be a Thyme Warp when we're through)

It would have to be a Melomel... Two types of Cherry (Brad & Janet)

Passion Fruit (Frankenfurter)

As far as yeast I'm thinking Lalvin AMH (Assmanshausen) from Germany for doctor von Scott.

Magenta... Asks for nothing, so she shall receive it.

It should be Strong and quite clean. (Rocky) (A Sparkling Sack Mead)

Bottled in No Neck Beer Bottles, for the Criminologist.

One bottle must be dropped, because aliens can't hold their liquor. (Riff Raff)

And yes... It should be served with Meatloaf.

Wrathwilde

Edited to reflect revisions. Bottles, Magenta and Riff Raff

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
Bravo Wrathwilde, Bravo

My hats off to you Sir.

So... this sounds like something to be made at a cast party.

Anthony

The darkness must go down the river of night's dreaming. Flow morphia slow, let the sun and light come streaming Into my life. Into my life...

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Natasha! Fearless Leader! Natasha! Boris! Rocky! Bullwinkle!

Wrathwilde

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
They should be bottled in those short, roundish Red Stripe beer bottles, so that when someone is handed one they can look at it and shout:

"Where's your f*cking neck?!"

-David

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
lostnbronx said:
They should be bottled in those short, roundish Red Stripe beer bottles, so that when someone is handed one they can look at it and shout:

"Where's your f*cking neck?!"

-David

Ah, I forgot the Criminologist... Damn! Have to figure out something either for Magenta or the Criminologist. Wait... dance instructions on the Label... It's just a Jump to the Left, that saves a reworking of the recipe. That gives me time anyway, to think of something else for Magenta. Wait, I got it!!! We all remember Magenta's "I ask for Nothing" line, so maybe she should receive it....

Well now that I have that straightened out. Who's going to be the first to do the Thyme warp?

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
Nothing in abundance, what empty bottles?

There are those that say that life is an illusion, and that reality
is but a figment of the imagination.

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Maelduin said:
a pick-up crew for Halloween in Charleston Illinois, aka Eastern Illinois University. Somebody got a wild hair to do a one shot for Hallloween, so she put out an ad in the campus paper for anybody who'd even seen the show a few times. I'd been to the Champaign show numerous times, but had never played on-stage. We borrowed a print, rehearsed for a couple weeks and put on two shows. It was pretty, well, "rawky," but a lot of fun.

Though now that I'm a bit older, some of the youngins I know in the Rich Weirdos (Orlando, FL) are trying to get me to do Dr. Scott or the Criminologist.

Aside from the obvious GM/SCA intersections of the Venn diagrams, I wonder how much GM/RHPS overlap?

Michael

I've done the lights at a few Rocky shows. I introduced my younger brother to it while he was still in high school... he's played brad, janet, the criminologist, and eddy that I know of. RHPS was my saturday night ritual for a few years.

Franken Furter, the movies almost over
Your acting is a failure, your wardrobe too extreme.
I'm your new director, you now are an extra
we return to Transylvania, Magenta start the house.

Wrathwilde

Maelduin

NewBee
Registered Member
May 3, 2006
Great Scott! thanks for reviving this thread, or else I'd never have come across your recipe for Rocky Horror Mead. A bit of kibitzing, though? Perhaps you should include rice. And it would have to be made with rainwater. And it could not be a "dry" mead, but it's exact opposite, which all good Transylvanians know is not "sweet" but "wet." The meatloaf would have to be served on toast. And you don't want to know what kind of meat the meatloaf is made from. It's a rather tender subject.

Somebody stop me...

Michael

Greenblood

NewBee
Registered Member
Oct 6, 2004
You're lucky, he's lucky, I'm lucky, *The banister's Luckeeeee!* Ha, ha ha!

Hey Rif Raf, say Jello in Spanish!

I have nothing constructive to add to this thread.

Cheers!

Greenblood

Dmntd

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 18, 2005
1. (It's just a) JUMP TO THE LEFT,

2. A STEP TO THE RIGHT.

3.(With your hands on your HIPS) YOU BRING YOUR KNEES IN TIGHT.

4. (Then) THE PELVIC THRUST,

5. HIPSWIVEL,

6. LET'S DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!

Dmntd

Mynx

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 8, 2005
Maelduin, that's awesome! I performed in the Rich Weirdos in Vancouver, BC, hahaha!

teljkon

Banned
May 28, 2007
Never did get the rocky horror picture show still don't never will, im sort of glad of that.
:happy10:

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns