• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

My First Label - Ancient Orange

Barrel Char Wood Products

Angus

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 19, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
My first label for my first bottle.

In honor of it's creator, I kept his name. Thanks Joe.

ancient-orange-copy_large.jpg

Angus

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
hart1a.jpg[img]

For some reason which I can't fathom, I couldn't see the picture with either IE or Firefox. Sorry! I'm sure it's a great one.

lostnbronx

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 8, 2004
Um...I'm not sure you'd want to see this one, Dan. :p

Seriously, though, Angus -- very funny and cool label!

-David

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
Do you mean his label ( cool one btw) or his avatar with a warning like * you tucha my mead, I puncha your lights out :mad:*

TED

JamesP

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Dec 3, 2003
Brisbane Australia
Brewbear said:
Do you mean his label ( cool one btw) or his avatar with a warning like * you tucha my mead, I puncha your lights out :mad:*

Definitely the label - would you drink the mead if a moldy orange like that was used to make it?

Brewbear

NewBee
Registered Member
May 10, 2005
It all depends!
If tequila was involved and bets were talked about 8)

Ted

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Pewter_of_Deodar said:
Well done! Shows me that I need to find a chunk of software to fancy my labels up...

Software is great, but a little cut and paste work, a good photocopier, can also turn out good labels.

Dover Press has lots of books with copyright free graphics, borders, ect. This is a good source for making labels.

Angus

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 19, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
Dan McFeeley said:
Software is great, but a little cut and paste work, a good photocopier, can also turn out good labels.

I agree Dan. I was part way through making a cut & paste label when a friend got me the software to use, so I thought I would give it a go. All of my old beer labels were photocopies from clipart and they were always fun to do.

Angus

Pewter_of_Deodar

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 23, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
Hey all,

Anyone have a good online place for TRULY free picture download for simple things like LEMONS? The search engines in the last year or three have become useless due to their prioritizing listing based on people paying them a fee since truly free places cannot afford to pay them. So when I put in things like "free download pictures lemons" I get places that you have to sign up for because the pictures are "royalty free" after you pay for them the first time. That same search used to net a few good sites that I unfortunately never put into my favorites.

One good source I have used recently is the online nursery and seed places. There fruit and berry pictures are pretty good. But I am having trouble with lemons. Any links? Anyone have some really good lemon pictures they would email me?

Thanks in advance,
Pewter

Angus

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 19, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
JAG,

Hey, I have you to thank. It was your suggestion to use Photoshop CS, and you were right. It is nice to use, but tricky and it will take a long time to learn.

Angus

Angus

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 19, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
This pun infestation seems to be as rampant as the mold on that orange. If we are not careful, it could sour the whole forum and make it rotten to the core. I am sure I will get some pithy response to this as well.

Angus

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
The pun police?? I'd better MARSHALL my pun army and pull together a few COPPERS to pay off the local stoolies!

Well, since Angus posted up a label here, I think I'll go ahead and reveal my private label used for distribution to my friends. This one is made for Wrathwilde who sent me an excellent bottle of his Maple Mead, and his Cherry Liqueur.

WARNING: CONTAINS MATURE SUBJECT MATTER, VIEWING THIS IMAGE MAY RESULT IN THE NEED FOR MEAD AND . . . some luvin!

Click here for the label! (Don't say I didn't warn you!)

Cheers,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns