• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Lucky 13th East Kingdom Brewing Collegium

Barrel Char Wood Products

redsonja

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 11, 2005
Lucky 13th East Kingdom Brewers Collegium - This is an event being held by the Society of Creative Anachronism and is also affectionately known as "Brew U".

Friday, February 24th, 2006 to Sunday, February 26th, 2006

Hosted by Crown Province of Ostgardr - Peekskill, NY

Event Last Modified: October 25th, 2005

Mistress Susanne Nueber de Londres bids all those who wish to sharpen their tastebuds to attend this, the (lucky) 13th Annual Brewers Collegium. This unique event will be held at the Blue Mountain Lodge in Peekskill. This years primary theme will be sampling of various potables, with an eye to sharpening & refining one's sense of taste. We invite all brewers, vintners, meadmakers & cordialeers to bring their wares, to provide a wide base of samples. There will of course be some discussion of judging, as a related area. An open forum for other topics will also be held.

The guild will also be holding their Winter meeting.

Your feastocrat for this event will be Ilya de Londres, in consultation with Countess Brekke Frankisdottir. Breakfast, dayboard lunch & dinner will be provided on Saturday. Breakfast is provided on Sunday.

There is bunkspace for the first 30 arrivals on site. There is additional floorspace for 15 more. Please reserve early, as space is limited.

The site opens Friday night at 8:00pm & closes Sunday at 12:00 Noon. Any gentles still on site after this time will be thanked gratefully for joining the clean-up crew.

Directions:

From East Westchester & Western Ct: Best route to Route 35 to Route 202, to Bear Mountain Ext.. take to route 9 South, to Peekskill's Welcher Avenue Exit. At light, make left turn, go under Route 9, and up hill. Straight into park, bearing left around Guardhouse to Blue Mountain Lodge.

From Southern Westchester & points South(NYC): Best route to saw mill River Parkway North, to Taconic State Parkway, to Route 9A North, to Route 9 North,to Welcher Avenue Exit. Make a right turn, go up hill and into park. Bear left around Guard Booth to Lodge

Event Website: cnapich2@aol.com
At-a-Glance Event Information

Site:
Blue Mountain Trail Lodge
435 Welcher Avenue
Peekskill, NY 10566
Show me a map!

Site Opens: Friday , February 24th at 8:00pm
Site Closes: Sunday, February 26th, at 12:00noon

Event Fees:

Site : Feast/Weekend Fee is $25.00. Please call for any questions.

A $3 non-member surcharge will be collected from anyone unable to prove membership
Feast: Feast/weekend fee is $25.00. We suggest that reservations be sent in as soon as possible, due to limited space. we request that all reservations be mailed at least 2 weeks before the event at the latest. After this date, please call for availability.

Send Reservations to:
Ilya de Londres c/o
Nicole Cnapich, 51-08 Parsons Blvd, Flushing NY 11355. Please include a SASE for confirmation.

Autocrat:
Sean de Londres
c/o John Cnapich
51-08 Parsons Blvd
Flushing, NY 11355
(718) 762-4645(No phone calls after --9:00pm--)

Other Contact Information:
There is limited space for merchants. Please contact the Autocrat.

Make Checks Payable to: SCA Inc-Ostgardr

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Redsonja,

I Wish I could make it... House de Londres had two meads I consider superior to my Acerglyn at Pennsic. A blueberry and a black raspberry. Delicious... I'll have to wait for next Pennsic to sample the likes of those again.

Wrathwilde

Pewter_of_Deodar

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 23, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
My reservation went in a few weeks ago and my airline tickets are already purchased...

I went last year and learned some things from the courses but the most valuable thing was some one on one time I got to spend with the Baron Master Brewers having a question and answer...

redsonja

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 11, 2005
Folks,

Sorry I did not remember to post such here when it happened, but it seems that this particular event has been cancelled. They only got 7 preregistrations and they did not want to risk moving forward for fear that the event would lose money. Pewter I hope this does not affect you adversely.

:(

Redsonja (aka Aquilina of the Sea Cliffs in SCA land)

Pewter_of_Deodar

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 23, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
Redsonja,

I believe DeLondres is still going to have a household meeting and one of the topics is to review some of my batches. I was really looking forward to Collegium since the theme was right in line with where I am in my brewing education. But then I have the Baron's for a week or two at War each year...

Thanks,
Pewter

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns