• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

St. Winston's -- first the book, next the movie? :-)

Barrel Char Wood Products

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Just in case you didn't see the announcement in the newsbox, Miriam's story "St. Winston's Metheglin" is now available in illustrated and illuminated form. If you enjoyed the story, you'll enjoy the hard copy even more.

Get in touch with Vickie, send her $10, and she'll send you a copy. Miriam has generously asked that all proceeds are to go to GotMead, to help support the site.

For those who haven't read St. Winston's Metheglin, it's a fun read. A lot of inside jokes for GotMead regulars, and although Miriam dropped enough hints I still haven't figured out who everyone is yet.

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Why spoil your fun? Read the book a few times and work it out. ;D ;D ;D

Otto's an easy one. ::) :D

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Yeah, support the site, get a cool book! (And don't forget to raise that glass to Miriam for donating her work to GM!) Read the first chapter here: http://www.gotmead.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=60

*tickletickle*

C'mon Pewter, cough up $10 and I'll send you a copy! You know you want to!

Vicky - raising money for the Podcasting setup - first 'cast to be at the MeadFest

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Hey Pewter -- send in that contribution to GotMead and I'll promise to tell you who Gloria is. ;)

Pewter_of_Deodar

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 23, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
I have to get a t-shirt and a book now...

BTW, I read the daily installments religiously as they were being posted. I loved it Miriam!!!

But you know it isn't so easy to identify most people since it is based on Miriam's perception of people here, not mine...

I just want to be one of the ones that gets to drink lots of good mead in the story (and making eyes at the wenches would be ok too)...

With a grin,
Pewter

Dan McFeeley

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Oct 10, 2003
Illinois
Pewter_of_Deodar said:
I have to get a t-shirt and a book now...

I just want to be one of the ones that gets to drink lots of good mead in the story (and making eyes at the wenches would be ok too)...

*Everyone* drinks good mead in this story -- well, almost everyone. :D

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns