• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

A few sudden problems with the site

Barrel Char Wood Products

kace069

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2004
Well a couple of problems but the most serious one first.
1. I just became a subscriber about an hour ago and maybe I never used an apostrophe before, which I doubt, but now it seems to mess up the site for me.
2.I stumbled upon the homebrew supply page here but cant find it now. Where the hell is it?
3. I bought a gotmead shirt a year or to ago and since then there is a lot of new got mead swag. so where is the gotmead shirts that on the back say " I made five gallons of mead and all I got was this lousy shirt and a hangover"?

kace069

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2004
Ok I am renewing this thread again.

I believe yesterday I logged on to GM and there was a new format for the forums. Since then sometimes I get the new format and sometimes I get the old format. Not that this is a problem for me. I just wanted to bring it up in case there is some kind of bug in the system. I just wanted to get it out there. As I write this I am in the old format. Maybe I am the only one this is happening to.

Other than that, is chat dead now?

I totally don't want to interupt Vicky's good time at the faire. So this is no emergency.
I just figured that this is another transition in the site and that it isn't a problem for me, but I wanted to bring awareness to it to prevent some kind of snow balling tech problem that I could be imagining.

JayH

Worker Bee
Registered Member
May 9, 2006
Corrales, NM
I havn't seen any changes in the web site. As for the chat, it seems to be working. Every once in a while it will disappear and all I have to do is log out and then log back on and it will reset and reappear.

Cheers
jay

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Hey Kace,

The chat is working fine. Maybe you can PM me with your browser version and O/S please?

OK, apostrophes are sometimes reserved or special characters in certain operating systems. Can you give me exact details please?

You'll find the Brewshops are the seventh choice down in the flyout menu selection from the "Make Your Own Mead" button which is the third one down in the main menu on the left-hand side of the page.

You want swag, we can do that! LOL I'll pm Vicky, but she will be out, and so will I for the next week or so. I'll be checking in from time to time to see that the site hasn't been taken over by the French!

Hope that helps,

Oskaar

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Nothing has been changed, Kace. What do you mean by 'old format'? The forum unwrapped? You shouldn't be able to get that, the software is supposed to prevent it. I'll check into it.

I'm outta here today, and back *Monday*. Oskaar, where'd you get a week or so? LOL...I did *that* at Pennsic.

I know you got your shirt, and just FYI, the store will be here.
We're in test mode now, should be live next week (the gods willin' and the crik don't rise any further).

Vicky - heading to Maryland by traveling in the hurricane as it goes north.....the things I do for fun!

kace069

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2004
Ok I guess I should have mentioned to ignore my first post on this thread all those issues have been resolved months ago. Its my new thread that I am talking about. Sorry about the confusion guess I should have pointed that out. I just didn't want to start another thread for one I already had going.

Chat disappeared on me a couple of weeks ago.
I will try logging out and then back in to fix it.

As for the format. Right now GM looks like it ususally does. But for the last few days when I log on, to forum, the forum takes up the whole screen. The fonts are different and no side bars with the ads on the right and all the GM book marks on the left are gone. I really can't explain it any better than that. But it looks completely different. If I went directly to the site it would look funny like that, but if I entered the site from an email reply notice it looked fine. Actually this all started the day after the new smiley's were released. Noow that I think about it.

I'm not sure how to take a screen shot but if someone can advise me on that I will take one the next time GM looks funny.

BTW Oskaar I am using Firefox, presumely the most up to date version and XP for an OS

Angus

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 19, 2005
Milwaukee, WI

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Sorry guys, this is a glitch due to upgrading the site and forum to a new version to close some security holes. I'm on it, and awaiting some answers from the programmers who wrote the bridging software for the forum. Should be fixed no later than Monday-Tuesday.

Vicky - who still has to pack for the trip this weekend...

kace069

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2004
Yeah I logged out and back in and that fixed chat.

I have one of the quick launch links on the top of my browser for GM. I deleted it and made a new one and things seem to be working ok.
I guess, from what I remember I was actually getting the old format instead of the new current format. I just thought with the new smileies the whole site changed again.

Like I said I didn't want Vicky or anyone else to feel like it was a big problem, I just wanted to make others aware of it so no bigger problems suddenly show up with no one having any idea that there was a problem already existing.
Seems like everytime the site gets updated I have funny stuff happen to me.
Thanks guys

yabodie

Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 17, 2006
Hey guys,
Sorry for the notice, but is there an issue with the calculator? I know it could very well be user error, maybe I need more mead and homebrew to cure that, but I keep getting an "error on page" notice in the lower left corner of IE.

Thanks!

Yabodie

Angus

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 19, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
Yabodie,

There does seem to be some problem with the calculator. It has locked and is not working anymore. Oskaar/Vicky, any ideas?

Angus

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Yes there is an issue with the calculator. Vicky was working on it, I think yesterday to add a help file to it as popularly requested. Unfortunately when she saved it down to the site it seems the calculator got jacked in the process. I'm checking my local archives here at home (I tend to save down copies of site components like the calculator just in case) I'll take a look and notify JamesP about the situation.

Thanks for the heads up,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns