• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Help Restore Beekeeping Merit Badges!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Medsen Fey

Fuselier since 2007
Premium Patron
I saw an interesting post on rec.crafts.meadmaking about a petition to reinstate Boy Scout merit badges for beekeeping. Apparently that merit badge was discontinued some years ago. As a mead maker and large consumer of honey, I definitely want to encourage youngsters to learn the art of beekeeping. Plus I figure the more hobbyists that are keeping bees, the less we have to worry about CCD.

Check out the link for signing the petition to reinstate the merit badge.

Good meading!

Medsen

Chevette Girl

All around BAD EXAMPLE
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa, ON
I suppose this is US scouts only? (sorry, I don't know enough about the whole scouting organization to even know where to look to see if this is applicable to Canada as well)

icedmetal

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 16, 2009
Everett WA
Bees are totally rad. Even after they sting the crap outta you, they're still totally sweet. I once folded a beehive in half and swallowed it. Whole. Just kidding. Reality: bees are just about the most awesome pet there is, and require less work than you'd believe. And the benefits are numerous.... honey, stings to the face, honey, more honey... Just kidding about the stings to the face. Unless for some reason you decide to keep bees without a proper bee bonnet. In which case, I salute you sir. You and your ginormous cahonies. I may have spelt that wrong, but that doesn't detract from the fact that I mean it. For real. *SALUTE*

Will that work?

Anyone got some mead? I'm thirsty....

icedmetal

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 16, 2009
Everett WA
that may be the funniest thing I've ever read, and ever written, all in one. Time and sobriety will tell.

Happy Independence Day!

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns