• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Great Lakes Mead Tasting: Fixing a Date

Barrel Char Wood Products

Which month is most convienient?

• March

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • April

• May

• June

• July

• Total voters

Brewboy

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 7, 2005
Green Bay
David Baldwin said:
I'd like to suggest the weekend of Friday June 29, Saturday June 30, Sunday July 1.

David

I like those dates! School is out for a few weeks (time enough for my wife to decompress from teaching those middle-schoolers) but it's not yet the heat of summer.

Trevor

kace069

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2004
Yes, those dates are great for me. Any time in June really would be the best for me. Don't know how well the mead selection for me will be. Probably a lot of young mead.

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
It looks like it will be the last half of June at the moment, but I'm going to wait a few more months before nailing the specific date down. I'll give until December 31st for everyone to get their votes in, the poll will stay open in the mean time. I'll also contact the hotel, see how receptive they are to hosting a gathering of Meadmakers and possibly a barbecue, If not we'll have plenty of time to look for another Venue.

Wrathwilde

ken_schramm

The Compleat Sybarite
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Jan 5, 2005
Troy, MI
Vicky - GM Webmistress said:
If Ken does any smoking, I'll be first in line! They just don't smoke meat down here like they do up North, and I miss it a lot!

But, if this thing happens when I'm in Michigan, I'll be there, with bells on, wouldn't miss it!

I wouldn't be smoking meat or fish the day of the event (yeah, I guess that might just freak out the hotel staff), but if I am sure there will be a few folk on hand to drink up a small bathtub of mead, I could easily be persuaded to run the smoker ahead of time and bring a cooler full of goodies. What is a bunch of mead without a bunch of good food? Say, some smoked venison and peppered salmon with 3 year old Canadian white cheddar and french bread? Now we're talkin....

KDS

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Smoking....somewone say smoking? I'm going hunting here pretty soon so I may just have some upland game to smoke up. I may just have to get a plane ticket and crash the party!

Cheers,

Oskaar

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
MMMmmmmm. Ken, my mouth is watering already. The only time I get good smoked stuff is when I've come home, and if Dad has had a good hunting/fishing year.

Oskaar, very cool footer. Congrats on getting the Herberts' go-ahead on the Hiveworx. You'd *better* fly out. I know we can get someone to pick you up... I guess the easiest airport would be Chicago....::shudder::. Just saying the name gives me Dan Ryan Expressway nightmares....LOL

Angus

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Aug 19, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
Oskaar, tell me when and I can pick you up from O'Hare.

Angus

PS - Plenty of room for redheads if you choose.

ken_schramm

The Compleat Sybarite
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Jan 5, 2005
Troy, MI
David Baldwin said:
Well, in looking at the Renfaire schedules for 2007 season in Michigan, I'd like to suggest the weekend of Friday June 29, Saturday June 30, Sunday July 1.

Puts it nicely in the 2nd half of June and doesn't conflict with the Ren Faires I'm book for.

David

Is this what was settled on?

Ken

kace069

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 21, 2004
Those dates would work great for me also... If I have the cash ???

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns