• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Upgrade Time!!! Yay!!!!!

Barrel Char Wood Products

ucflumberjack

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 4, 2006
well ive been talking about it for a long time and i cant help myself any longer, im going to get a keg system. i think i will be doing this sometime next week as i want to have it before spring break for Lumberjack Brewfest 2007(i made that name up to make my spring break seem less boaring) im also going grab ingredients for two beers that will be posted in the brewlog when i brew them. im considering putting a mead into the keg first, but i dont know if ill be able to drink it all before the beer is done.... we shall see.

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
Dude,

All you need is a good digi or vid cam and you can do an LJ Brewfest Gone Wild with some hotties from UCF. I'm thinking some nice grain paddles, wort stirrers, etc could come into play. Plus....Mardi Gras beads!

Hey, it could happen. Lemme know!

Oskaar

ucflumberjack

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 4, 2006
lol actually girls gone wild was at a local bar here a few nights ago, i think i missed my chance to get them over to my house lol.... hmmmm..... time to call up the sororities!!!!

SpamDog

Worker Bee
Registered Member
Dec 27, 2006
Hey congrats on the upgrade I am waiting for proper funds to make the upgrade myself... what I most look forward to is a Carbonated Sweet Mead.. mmm.. yummy.

I had a chance to get some GGW style footage once.. that is what happens when you introduce mead to your female friends from highschool who aren't really drinkers... tho my fiance was there so she kinda shut that whole thing down... dammit!

SpamDog

Edited to correct.. Female friends are FROM highschool not IN highschool... sometimes I type too fast

ucflumberjack

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 4, 2006
well i picked up the goods, and my refrigerator has been slightly modified to accomidate my corny keg. those things are pretty dam cool, alot simpler than i had predicted. now i just have to wait it out a week to brew my beers, then wait another few weeks to keg one of them...

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
Oskaar said:
Hey, legal is 18!
Oskaar <----- Looking the other way!!

Hey Oskaar,
I thought you knew better than to make BROAD statements like that... It's only 16 here in Iowa. >:D :pottytrain2: But I prefer Much More Experienced Women... so I wait till they're at least 17. ::) - Just a joke, ;D. Why wait... no really - Just joking ::)

Age of consent list, worldwide, for you pervs out there.

Wrathwilde

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
16?? OMG Now that would just creep me out! Never seen a "Hello Kitty" diaphram before!

Oskaar <------ Shuddering!

ucflumberjack

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 4, 2006
in florida as long as your between 18 and 24 you can date someone as young as 16. lol... eww....

WRATHWILDE

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Mar 19, 2005
Dubuque, Iowa
www.zazzle.com
I Somehow missed pasting the link World Wide Age of Consent

Vicky should be glad she's in N.C. instead of S.C., it protects/protected her daughter for an extra two years. Looks like my jokes about backwater states will have to default to South Carolina (The "How Low Can You Go" State) - who are the shame of the nation with an all state low of 14 years old.

Oskaar said:
Never seen a "Hello Kitty" diaphram before!

Then, Oskaar, it's time to go into business for yourself and fill an obvious hole in the market. This will need lots of market research and product testing but if you sell even one unit... then all that Hard work and product testing will have paid off. ;) :icon_puke_r:

Wrathwilde

We now return you to your originally posted topic... what were we talking about?

ucflumberjack

NewBee
Registered Member
Sep 4, 2006
maybe a stupid question...

well i have my keg fitted cozily into my refrigerator and i was wondering if the co2 tank should go in there as well, then i could avoid further modifying my refrigerator.

Johnnybladers

NewBee
Registered Member
Feb 13, 2006
I don't know if it's the standard thing to do, but I've kept my CO2 tank in the fridge for several years with no obvious ill effects(other than taking up fridge space for alcohol).

Oskaar

Got Mead Partner
Administrator
Dec 26, 2004
The OC
I keep my CO2 tanks in my kegerator and refrigerator all the time, and have for years with no problems. It can be a hassle if you're going to charge up a keg outside of the kegerator, but that's what quick disconnects are all about. Keep a few of them around so you can quickly detach your tank and move it around from place to place.

I use the quick disconnects on my gas, bev and water lines (faucet, counterflow chiller, etc.) so I don't have to mess around with screwdrivers, ratchets etc. when I'm brewing. Makes life a lot easier. Works like a champ on water filters as well.

It's always a good idea to have various different length hoses (food grade and nylon reinforced) for your faucets so you can quickly attach a filter and fill up a must tun, or hot liquor tank.

Cheers,

Oskaar

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns