• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Interesting/Fun browser game: Travian

Barrel Char Wood Products

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Hey all. There's a browser game (no local software needed) called Travian that people on some other brewing forums are joining and we're all going to take over the world! Check it out at <a href="http://travian.us">travian.us</a> and we're all on server 1.

And if you join using this <a href="http://www.travian.us/?uc=us1_50901">link</a>, I get a little bonus. Also you can check out a very involved thread on B3's forum <a href="http://forums.moreflavor.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=28275">here</a>.

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Oh and if you do join, post your village name and coordinates here or on the B3 forum (or both) so you won't get accidentally attacked. :icon_thumleft:

I'm at 188, -32.

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Here's a list of the people who've signed up so far, courtesy of Whitebeard Brewer:

Name Village Tribe X Y Alliance
kooter kooter Village Gauls -20 -140 Brew
pyroviking pyroviking Village Roman 72 -142 Brew
Brewbum Brewer Village Roman 62 -85 Brew
Beach Brewer Hopsland Teutons -26 98 Brew
TampaBrew Barleytun Gauls -42 -160 Brew
Droodles1 Hopvale Gauls -127 -106 Brew
MikeyC Alum Rock Roman 161 22 Brew
Monster Mash Pillage Village Roman -91 -60 Brew
oneal66 Lupulin Land Roman 7 115 Brew
BrewTa2 Beervana Roman 64 -95 Brew
Hefe Hefe 3068 Roman -64 98 Brew
Sparky00plug Corney Keg Village Teutons -144 -76 Brew
Tenchi Brewmaster Village Teutons 100 -136 Brew
meister meister Village Roman 43 29 Brew
spanky482 Mash Tuns Village Roman -160 -28 Brew
Infamous Roger Awesome Town Gauls -158 48 Brew
Brewer Baltimore Brewer Gauls 133 -104 Brew
Ephraim Edge Ephraim Edge Teutons -28 154 Brew
Whitebeard Brew Mushroom Village Roman 48 -114 Brew
johnc66 Beertopia Village Teutons -72 -89 Brew
GrandMaster Drunken Pig Gauls 92 49 Brew
DannyPo Brew Town Gauls 64 -99 Brew
BillArr CaribouBill Roman -52 -162 Brew
Sunkenbeir Sunkenbeir Village Roman 91 -67 Brew
OldTree OldTree Village Gauls -63 -105 Brew
djgrey1200 Stumbledore Gauls 121 123 Brew
BadRock BeerTopia Village Gauls 166 13 Brew
Thirsty Mallard Quackenshire Teutons -31 -170 Brew
Chad Anderson RDWHAHB Roman 84 102 Brew
Foz Maris Otter Roman 24 -182 Brew
AaronK North Oakland Gauls 188 -32 Brew
Spott77 Hophead Junction Roman -61 -157 Brew
majorvices majorvices Roman 170 65 Brew
CaribouBill CaribouBill Village Roman -52 -162 Brew
Welk Sheffield Sheffield Roman 24 55 TR3
Waldo Short Bus Brewing Roman -78 -85
PopeSmoker Ipa Town Gauls 168 -11
Triple Freak Wild Dog Gauls -28 -161
MaltnHopsrGood Hop Horde Roman -135 -115
Dkrel Dkrel Roman 151 76
Eagle Creek Brewer Eagle Creek Teutons -91 -149
Grod Grodsville Roman -81 80
Monkerkoder Monkerkoder Roman 110 -149
Tedbell TedBell Village Gauls -152 -88
DV8Pilot French Valle Village Gauls -150 -39
Belgium Brewer Hell Roman -11 -107
mrice Lupulonia Roman 58 115
DMAC24 Du Hast Roman -106 -142

Updated: 3/27 @ 8:48cst

gbobeck

NewBee
Registered Member
Nov 15, 2007
Chicago, IL
AKueck said:
Oh and if you do join, post your village name and coordinates here or on the B3 forum (or both) so you won't get accidentally attacked. :icon_thumleft:

I'm at 188, -32.

gbobeck , GBobeck Village , -89,176

EDIT: added user name, reformatted a bit

beninak

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2007
Anchorage, AK
just registered as LaFinDuMonde (Gauls) -112,162

:icon_thumright:

::edit::

Uh-oh, it looks like gbobeck and I are the only ones from your Brew list in this quadrant of the map! :confused2: Would it be better to restart and try to get closer to the rest of you or does it really matter? Also, how can we join your alliance?

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Deleting and restarting is always an option. The "Brew" alliance is sadly positioned all over the place. The closest guy to me is several hours hike away...

To join the alliance, send a message (using the in-game message thing) to "kooter" (no quotes). He's the poobah of admissions. :) There's a shortage of space though, so there might be a second alliance starting up at some point as well.

If you do restart and wind up near me, I'm at the point where I can start sending resources to help start you up. Yay free stuff! Other guys are also being really generous with the startup funds.

Also we've got some agreements with other folks, so you might be near them and in that case have less to worry about your neighbors (potentially). They are: Legends, ~UV~,*NS*-69, CHAOS, and Legacy.

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Did someone start a village called "DaWitchesBrew" or something? Can you send a message to kooter to let him know where you're at? There's some question about who you are.... ???

beninak

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2007
Anchorage, AK
Yeah that's my wife. I forgot to use your link when I registered, so I got her to use it when she signed up to help you out. She's actually doing better than I am, but she's also got alot of large 300+ population villages all around her too so that's kind of scary. I'm trying to convince her to restart and move into the newbie neighborhood that I'm in, but she's stubborn....

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Hehe, well I convinced the brew guys from B3 that's she's a friendly, so hopefully they'll help out too. A little far from me, but there are some guys within a few squares of her I think.

Also, there is a special forum just for the brew folks on Travian. We are such dorks!
<a href="http://brewersguild.freeforums.org/">http://brewersguild.freeforums.org/</a>
You have to sign up and then wait for a confirmation email, which is handled manually. This is to make sure we don't get any spies checking in on us. Hahaha. You don't have to be a member of the group in-game to join the forum, so this way we can all chat and hatch plots together.

Launcelot

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 9, 2007
I am in the game now...

location is -159|-109

Name of course is Launcelot. Town: Camelot...

I have built up quite a bit, but still have not raided, just playing defensively until I can allay somewhere...

--L

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Cool. Send a message to the Brew folks for your invite to the alliance. Welcome and good luck!

beninak

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2007
Anchorage, AK
Lance, you should register on server 6 as well. That server started more recently and has a little more of a level playing field. All of us Brewers are located in the SW quadrant of that server so it makes it easier for us to help each other out.

Launcelot

NewBee
Registered Member
Dec 9, 2007
I will do so tonight.

I still can't register on the other forums though. Not sure why it won't let me.

--L

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
There's a manual approval, maybe it just hasn't been processed yet. I put up a message saying you were coming, hopefully that helps.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns