Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!

Thread: Denver tornado

Default Denver tornado

Hey CO folks, how is everybody doing? Sounds like the sky is falling out there! Hope everyone is safe.
    Want to see something added to the GotMead Glossary? PM me! Didn't know we had a glossary? Check the top row of links.

Evergreen, CO (west of and above the Denver smog!)

Default Re: Denver tornado

Those of us in the mountains are safe, but I feel for the folks out in the Greeley-Ft. Collins area. Apparently a lot of the town of Windsor was hit hard.

Thanks for the thoughts. That reminds me -- I need to see if Leonora is OK; she lives out that way.
    Na zdrowie!

Wayne B.

Default Re: Denver tornado

Greetings,

Thanks to Al & Wayne for checking in with us! We are fine. We got quarter-sized hail off and on for a while, but no tornado.

The cell that went through Windsor was up to 1 mile wide. We don't usually get such super-cells in this area. There is some tragic damage in that little town but no loss of life reported so far. One person did get killed by the storm, but I don't know how.

It looks a bit dicy out there again and I am hearing thunder so we may be in for a wild night.

I'm make sure to strap in my carboys!

Fondly,
    Leonora
    "Spanky, Sparky, Buckwheat the Fourteenth - doing the right thing starts first thing in the morning, not after you are caught." -- John Criton FarScape