Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!

Thread: Brewing tunes?

Default Brewing tunes?

Ok, just curious to see what others do. I know I'm weird, I own it, I love it, so that's ok

I've always felt that music can have a dramatic effect on almost anything - there are reasons doctors play music during surgery, people sing to plants, etc.. I've even known professional chefs that have to have certain albums playing while cooking certain things.

Ever since I started brewing, I've felt that, with my better batches, I found the right music to influence the brewing environment.

They say music soothes the savage beast, but it may inspire the savage yeast as well.

Do you listen while you brew? What is in your disc player while you're creating?
    "There is no bee without the sting; cleverness consists in gathering the honey nevertheless." - Sri Sathya Sai Baba

Good question. I've been so uninspired by my music recently. I need some fresh sounds for my ears.
    From the bonny bells of heather
    They brewed a drink long-syne,
    Was sweeter far than honey,
    Was stronger far than wine.

I happened to be listening to the new Dropkick Murphy's St. Pat's Day concert CD while working on my batch that had been in lag for 48 hours. May have nothing to do with it, but by the next morning it was bubbling.

Now I have the Dropkick Murphy's on every night while I am aerating, checking PH, SG, watching the bubbles, etc.

Maybe I'm superstitous.

I haven't been blasting tunes while I brew, I should start though (especially for long brews loike beers/braggots). I do listen to a lot of music in my home office, which is the room that houses my mead-closet though.

Garnet's Home-made Beer by Ian Robb ;-)
    Bees stole my signature file!

Right-wing talk radio, it seems to make the yeast more productive and feel bad about itself at the same time.