• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

good or bad

Barrel Char Wood Products

crossfire

NewBee
Registered Member
Apr 1, 2010
up north
Being new to this I was wondering if any one has had this happen.
New batch 1 qt. honey 3 qt. water yeast nutrient yeast energizer.I made a Hibiscus tea with 1T. hibiscus 2 c. water 1 d47 yeast mixed all together and away it went all was well good fermentation so after 10 days I racked into secondary adding two cups of Hibiscus tea .After two days no more bubbles and it was almost clear .Does anyone know what is up ? Should I bottle it or what?????
thanks

Last edited:

AToE

NewBee
Registered Member
Jun 8, 2009
Calgary AB Canada
Yes, take a measurement, then prepair to wait - it will go through a LOT more clearing before it's good to bottle, or else you'll end up with a lot of sediment in the bottles.

Measurement is the most important thing though, otherwise you'll never be sure it's safe to bottle.

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns