Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!Shop Bee Folks for your Honey!

Question Bulk Buy in Bay Area?

Seems to be my week for asking questions.

I'm looking at picking up some honey for the chocolate group brew. Naturally prices come down when you buy more. Anyone interested in picking up some honey? I'd prefer not to have to reship since that will probably negate the cost savings, so this will be pickup in the SF Bay area. I live in Oakland and work in Fremont, but have-car-will-travel.

Honey options so far:

Tupelo from LL Lanier, I want 6 lbs is $46.75. 10 lbs is $60.50 so you could pick up 4 lbs for $24 ($1.75/lb savings!).

Sourwood from Mtn Honey (assuming it's in stock), I want 2 lbs is $26. 6 lbs is $65 or 2 additional lbs are $49 so 4 lbs would be $43 or 2 lbs $25 (not a lot of savings here and it might not even be in stock yet).

Orange Blossom from BeeFolks, I want 6 lbs is $50. 12 lbs is $80 so you could pick up 6 lbs for $40. I'm also going to order a couple 1 lb jars here so we could pick up discounts on those and save on shipping too.

So that's it. Probably a long shot that anyone nearby is stocking up on honey, but if you are please let me know!
    Want to see something added to the GotMead Glossary? PM me! Didn't know we had a glossary? Check the top row of links.

I'm not in the bay area, but I am curious about the quality of the tupelo honey.
    They describe it as unprocessed honey, have you used it before?
    Bees stole my signature file!

Hi my name is Aaron and I change my mind too often.

Nope, never had tupelo or sourwood honey before. Might not anytime soon either, because here is the idea of the day:

Buy honey from Marshall's, a local apiary which has Oakland, Berkeley, Marin, and Wine country sourced honey. I'm still up for buying larger quantities and splitting if anyone wants.
    Want to see something added to the GotMead Glossary? PM me! Didn't know we had a glossary? Check the top row of links.

Evergreen, CO (west of and above the Denver smog!)

OOOH, Aaron, I'd love to try some of that wine country honey someday. Unfortunately this is not likely to be the year that I try it, since instead of our usual pilgrimage to NASA/Ames this summer, I'm stuck working this job in Iowa, so I won't be driving out your way anytime soon as far as I know now.
    Na zdrowie!

Wayne B.

You can order it online.

They have quite a variety of local honey from all around the bay, and some blends of different areas e.g. East Bay. I'd still love to try some of the exotic east coast varieties, but I think being able to taste first tipped my hand towards the local stuff.