• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

2011 Mazer Cup Winners Circle Paired Tasting Event

Barrel Char Wood Products
Status
Not open for further replies.

pain

GotMead Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 1996
North Carolina
gotmead.com
Hi Gotmeaders!!

I am proud to announce the 2nd annual Mazer Cup International Winners Circle Paired Tasting.

This event features the top meads from around the world, the gold medal commercial meadery winners from the 2010 Mazer Cup. This years' event will be held on Friday, April 1, at the Outlook Hotel at 7PM.

The event will feature 20 meads from around the world, each paired with a complementary food. This event is set up so you get mead and a taste of the paired, food, one per mead, so 20 tastes of mead and the matching food. We will be giving you a program (so you'll know the players, LOL), and ask you to vote for your favorite pairing. Last year the winner hands down was a Polish mead paired with (wait for it) chocolate covered bacon.

This event is limited in size, so tickets will go fast. We have only 150 tickets available (and some are already gone), at $50 each. Get yours now!! We use Paypal for payments, and you can either use your existing Paypal account, or use a standard credit card without having to have a Paypal account.

You can obtain your tickets here:
http://www.mazercup.com/mcic_winners_circle.htm

These tickets are for the tasting event, and will not grant access to the awards ceremony or the competitions, those are reserved for competitors, staff and judges.

We will shortly be posting information on group rates at the Outlook Hotel, should you wish to stay (recommended if you are not local or do not have a designated driver, you will be getting 20 oz of mead, nearly an entire bottle, in this event. Please drink responsibly!)

While there are no other public events at the Mazer Cup, the hotel will be filled with home and professional meadmakers from around the world, and there will be many opportunities to hobnob with your GM buddies or with people such such as Ken Schramm (author of 'The Compleat Meadmaker'), Oskaar, myself; and professional meadmakers who have changed the industry like David Myers of Redstone Meadery, Brad Dalhofer of B.Nektar, and Andre Abi Raad of Intermiel of Canada (and many possible others, we do not yet know all the pro meadmakers who will attend).

In addition, Boulder is home to several very fine breweries, and a *lot* of great beer and food. Plus there is skiing, the funky downtown of Boulder and lots of sight-seeing opportunities in and around the area.

You can find the Outlook Hotel at http://www.boulderoutlook.com. I will post the group rate information here as soon as I have it, which will be in the next day or so. Don't worry, if you have already booked a room, you can change to the group rate with a phone call. Do not book online for the group rate, you will want to call.

See you at the Winners Circle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns