• PATRONS: Did you know we've a chat function for you now? Look to the bottom of the screen, you can chat, set up rooms, talk to each other individually or in groups! Click 'Chat' at the right side of the chat window to open the chat up.
  • Love Gotmead and want to see it grow? Then consider supporting the site and becoming a Patron! If you're logged in, click on your username to the right of the menu to see how as little as $30/year can get you access to the patron areas and the patron Facebook group and to support Gotmead!
  • We now have a Patron-exclusive Facebook group! Patrons my join at The Gotmead Patron Group. You MUST answer the questions, providing your Patron membership, when you request to join so I can verify your Patron membership. If the questions aren't answered, the request will be turned down.

Hoping for some assistance...

Barrel Char Wood Products

ken_schramm

The Compleat Sybarite
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Jan 5, 2005
Troy, MI
Hey Folks;

In June, I am presenting on mead making at the upcoming AHA Conference in San Diego, and I’m looking for a meadmaker or two who is planning on attending who would like to help out. I’ll be doing two sessions.

For the first half hour or so, I'll talk about meadmaking technique. Then we’d like to discuss a couple of meads and examine how the recipes and production techniques combined to create the finished products. The session could be big – 300 people or more - and I’m looking for partners with a case of one mead they’d be willing to contribute, taste and explain to one of the sessions. If you’want to be one of those people, please PM me and we can work things out.

It's not much, but I can see to it that there is a bottle or two of Schrammead in it for you, and we’d certainly have to have dinner to talk through what we are going to do and say. Please drop a note if you are interested.

JayH

Worker Bee
Registered Member
May 9, 2006
Corrales, NM
Ken,

I'd love to come down and help. However your post suggests I'd have to bring a case of mead. I might be able to bring 2.5-3 gallons (I'd keg it) of a lemon based JAO that is currently fermenting, otherwise all my extra has already been spoken for between a Morris Ale in February and the Southern California Homebrew fest in May.

Cheers
Jay

wayneb

Lifetime Patron
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Hey, Ken, that might just work for me. My daughter wants to go back to SoCal to visit friends for a week this coming summer, and of course I have to travel with her (she's only 15). I'm not sure that we can swing that particular weekend (I'll have to check her school calendar to be sure), but if the stars properly align, I'm willing to help out. Let's talk further at the Mazer Cup - I'll know her schedule by then.

akueck

Certified Mead Mentor
Certified Mead Mentor
Jun 26, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Shoot! They confirmed the date of NHC right after I booked a trip. I would have totally gone.

Jenn--it's June 16-18. I know middle school in Oakland ends the 17th (thus our trip starts the 18th), but maybe HS gets out earlier?

wildoates

NewBee
Registered Member
Mar 22, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
We're out May 20, and while I've a son getting married the first week and I'm off on an artists' retreat the last week, the middle of June is free!

YogiBearMead726

NewBee
Registered Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Well, I already replied via PM, but I guess I'll post here. I have a case of Mutiny on the Bounty Cyser sitting in my garage, and I can't think of something better to use it for. Plus, this event is in my backyard. Let me know if you need some of that mead. :)

ken_schramm

The Compleat Sybarite
Lifetime GotMead Patron
Jan 5, 2005
Troy, MI
So, from the PM responses I got, Jeff Rothrock and Mike Tripka from the AHA Forum will be joining in, and I will also have assistance from Curt Stock, Brad Dahlhofer, and Michael Fairbrother. There could be additional slots, buy we do have to keep the thing manageable.

Thanks, everyone. I am hoping we will have a blast, and that everyone will learn something, presenters included.

Ken

Barrel Char Wood Products

Viking Brew Vessels - Authentic Drinking Horns